New Investor New to Charlotte, NC

2 Replies

Hi all, my name is John McAlick and I am new to the Charlotte, NC area. I am a new investor looking to network and land my first buy/hold/rent or buy/flip. If anyone has any details on which areas to focus in/avoid, I would be excited to discuss.

Hi John,

Welcome to Charlotte! I would suggest joining some local Facebook groups such as Charlotte Real Estate Investors, and Hobby Millionaire Charlotte. In addition meetup.com has a bunch of the local groups that meet monthly & weekly. In my opinion, this would be the fastest way for you to learn the local market and especially find the off market deals that will have the best chance of cash flow and equity. Charlotte is growing fast - there is lots of opportunity. Best of luck, and see you around.

Walker

WELCOME TO BP!!!  :-D

Whether you want to do buy and holds or fix and flips, might be up to you and what you enjoy and what your goals are.  However, I can tell you that supposedly a lot of flippers say at the end of their career, they wish they'd held on to some of the flips so they had income into their retirement.  Just something to think about...  Besides, it doesn't have to be strictly 1 or the other.  ;-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here