General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Holst
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
My Bigger Pockets Goals for 2018- (you should do these with me)

Jeffrey Holst
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Posted Jan 11 2018, 11:07

Hey everyone,

Each year I make a list personal goals and work to make sure I hold myself accountable.  Many of these goals are private to me and my wife but a couple of them are relevant to the BP community.  

1) I plan to post a minimum of 120 times this year with a minimum of 10 posts in each calendar month.  For the purposes of this goal I count each response, blog posting or new forum post that I make.  So far I am at 3  (last year I posted a total of 1 time so this a major change for me)  I'd love it if some of you would keep me honest on this one.  

2) I plan listen to all of the BP podcasts.  I think I have listened to about 40 total prior to this year and if there is one that I remember well Ill probably skip it and move on but if I dont recall the details I am going to relisten to it.  Last year I read 62 books about half of which were on audible this year I am using my audible time for BP podcasts.  I hope to finish by June.  So far I have listened to 1-18 and am about 1/2 through show 19.  

and now some real estate goals

3) Purchase 1 property in my Self directed Roth (just set this up in December by selling some stocks and moving the funds over to a Checkbook LLC Roth. So I am excited to track down the right opportunity and put that cash back to work. (its not a lot of money so Ill have to be selective but I think I can do it--ill keep you posted).

4) Purchase at least 1 property without a partner.  I currently have a bunch of partnership interests but I want to have at least 1 undivided interest in a property that my wife and I own outside our retirement accounts.  (This is in addition to the Roth property listed in goal 3)

Id love it if a bunch of you were to join in so if either of my first two listed goals seem like something you would like to do drop me a line or reply and get started posting/listening.  To listen to all podcasts is probably an hour a day commitment for the rest of the year but if you get behind you can always shoot for more time or start your year today instead of Jan 1.  

Good luck and let me know 

Old Fashioned Real Estate Logo

Loading replies...