How does Median Age matter when picking a location?

How does Median Age matter when picking a location?

Holmdel, NJ · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote

I'm a novice investor who is researching areas in Pennsylvania to invest.  My basic requirements to look for are:

  • Population Growth
  • Solid industries in place and economic growth
  • Median housing prices are more than what a renter could typically afford
  • Decent schools (Class B)
  • Not a war zone (Class B)

Obviously, I'm looking for the golden nugget... and wherever I find it, do you heavily consider Median Age of the population? Are there any red flags if the population is either very young or very old?  

1Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2018 · 67 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    @Hannah Thomas-Cunniff I'm a newbie as well and is curious about how those all play a role i've used bestplaces.net as a resource to get information on different zip codes and locations. 

  • Holmdel, NJ · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Thanks, @Tonye Jack!  I hadn't found that site yet, and it gives a good overview of towns.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.