I'm a novice investor who is researching areas in Pennsylvania to invest. My basic requirements to look for are:
- Population Growth
- Solid industries in place and economic growth
- Median housing prices are more than what a renter could typically afford
- Decent schools (Class B)
- Not a war zone (Class B)
Obviously, I'm looking for the golden nugget... and wherever I find it, do you heavily consider Median Age of the population? Are there any red flags if the population is either very young or very old?
@Hannah Thomas-Cunniff I'm a newbie as well and is curious about how those all play a role i've used bestplaces.net as a resource to get information on different zip codes and locations.
Thanks, @Tonye Jack! I hadn't found that site yet, and it gives a good overview of towns.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you