Ways a passive investor property owner can improve a property

Ways a passive investor property owner can improve a property

Real Estate Professional · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 225 posts · 74 votes

My property is 90 minutes away so I have a property manager.

I was thinking I could have tenants mow the loan for a $50 discount in rent. Save money and also make the tenant more loyal.

Any other ideas?

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 210 posts · 160 votes
    8y

    My tenants were not happy with the grass being cut every two weeks. They wanted every week. We agreed, I would buy a mower. They cut it weekly . Mower 300.00 that was better than the landscaper coming twice a month . Tenants are going on their 3rd year lease. Sounds good to me. I am curious as to what other ideas people have also.

  • Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    Depends on the tenants - most would enjoy $50 off rent, but many would fail to keep up with the long term obligation to mow. Then you have a problem. Maybe offer them a larger annual rebate of $250 (half the monthly amount) in December just in time for the holidays IF they have kept the yard tidy all year.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.