after tenant move out and before selling

4 Replies

Hi All,

I plan to put the townhouse in Delray Beach on market in a few days. The tenant just moved out today. The townhouse looks in good condition. Only advice I receive is to hire someone paint the wall and clean the carpet. Is it a good investment to add on the house before selling? Only want to control the cost and perhaps maximum the return.

Thanks

Pilar

Hi Pilar,

If the walls and carpet aren't in very good condition it may be worth painting and cleaning the carpet.  What's also very important is the photography used to market the home.  If the home is not represented in a positive manner on the internet it can cost the home seller thousands.  Feel free to reach out anytime

If the walls need paint and the carpet needs replacing I would definitely do that prior to selling.

Small investment on your part to do a bit of painting and carpet cleaning could very likely increase the perceived value quite a bit.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you