House Hacking for New Investor Tips

House Hacking for New Investor Tips

Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 0 votes

Hey All,

I am just starting out and would like to connect with someone that has house hacked in the past to start.

Any advice or tips would be very much appreciated.

Thank you and best of luck!

Garry 

0Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I house hacked a single family house through college. My biggest tip is to not get caught up in the idea that you have to have a multi-family property to house hack. In parts of my market, the price per sq foot on the multi-family properties is higher than the single family properties. I say to start out with get into something that you can afford even if you have to pay the mortgage yourself. Rent out per room at market rents and hopefully you can live for free! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.