Market data for Jacksonville, Fl - The market is trending up

4 Replies

I just down loaded September's data from the MLS. Jacksonville is stable to trending up. Some of the metrics are up from a year ago and some are the same.

SP/LP = sale price / List Price 

Leslie - September data? The only public data is that from Aug 2018.

What is most intriguing are the ATTOM reports on another site about the best flipping and rental markets in NE Florida. Wages (+2.6%) are not growing as fast as appreciation (+6.0%), so home affordability is becoming more of an issue for first time buyers. 

Hi Jack,

Not sure what you mean about September the report runs through 9/30?

Home affordability is definitely a problem everywhere. As long as we are more affordable than our peer cities, we will continue to move up. Before investing in a market, I always recommend googling, "can the average worker afford the average house in XXXX".  

Home affordability is definitely a problem everywhere. As long as we are more affordable than our peer cities, we will continue to move up. Before investing in a market, I always recommend googling can the average worker afford the average house in XXXX. posted by @Jack Bobeck :

Leslie - September data? The only public data is that from Aug 2018.

What is most intriguing are the ATTOM reports on another site about the best flipping and rental markets in NE Florida. Wages (+2.6%) are not growing as fast as appreciation (+6.0%), so home affordability is becoming more of an issue for first time buyers. 

NEFAR has the most current data in the link I posted. What is the source of your data? Can we see it? Its not formatting properly on the post. 

It is our of Flex-MLS

I saved it as a pdf.  I don't have the option to make it a link.

Your report has way more detail.  I don't think I have seen that at NEFAR site.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you