Earnest Money when buying from US Marshalls

Earnest Money when buying from US Marshalls

Flipper/Rehabber · Cheyenne, WY · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 9 votes
Hey, I am in negotiations with the US Marshall’s on a property that was seized in a tax evasion case. It seems like they like my offer, but they want me to put up 10% earnest before they accept. Is this normal? Is there anything I should be concerned with? I am using hard money. Thanks! Ryan
0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Cheyenne, WY · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 9 votes
    7y
    @Ryan Conklin this was on the MLS, not an auction property.
  • Real Estate Agent · Lincoln, NE · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    This response is a little late. I am looking at a property sold on behalf of the US Marshals. They want 5% earnest money or $2,500 whichever amount is greater. In this case that is a ~10k earnest money deposit. This is also on the MLS and being sold as is. Did you end up buying the deal? Anything you wish you would have known or done differently?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.