Construction companies have poor presence on BP

Construction companies have poor presence on BP

Contractor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 267 posts · 144 votes

I was just going through some of the construction companies in Indianapolis, for my own related work purposes, clicking on links and such. I found a lot of the links go nowhere and or the phone numbers are no longer set up to that company or what not.

There needs to be a better way construction/building/rehab companies can maintain a presence and network. There really aren't that many by the city and like I said, the ones that are here are mostly dead or inactive. 

Us blue collar industries gotta be better at coming together and gathering the talent in the same place. 

Ideas? 

5Reply
250 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
7y

I think part of it and based on my personal experience in Indy.. is there are two opposing forces working.

the investor who wants to buy and rehab a property for as cheap as possible to make the numbers work.

and contractors who give honest quotes but don't get a lot of work with rehab investors because there is no money in it for them doing 15 to 30k rehabs.. 

that leaves very much bottom of the barrel hand to mouth contractors running around that will take on those small jobs.. they have no money to buy materials.. and we as consumer take on huge risk paying in advance.

See this reply in the discussion

103 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jeremey J.:

    @Joshua Howaniec  We are about 45 minutes northeast of Carmel. We're new to the game -- and so are likely small fries for who you're looking to do business with -- but if you'd like to connect, I'm always looking to expand our local (and semi-local) network.

     well 45 minutes north of indy is Kokomo or close to it.. that's a nice little town to practice on.. I have done a bunch of deals there.

    I am selling a rental today in fact to a bP member owner financed no need to BRRRR its all done he just has to B and then R

    its the rehab that is the risk.. we all get stung at least if your doing any volume.

    if your live in your market and can stay on top.. your chances of success go way up.. the BRRR as taught is just so risky for someone sitting in CA trusting it gets done with out a lot of supervision.. just like any home flipper they just don't live one place and flip 10 states away unless they are bigger players..

    So try one close to home first then fill up your experience bucket and go to the next etc.

  • Rental Property Investor · IN · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Jay Hinrichs

    Thank you, sir, for the clarification and encouragement. I always appreciate your experience and candid feedback.

    You are right—Kokomo is in our backyard. Nice to hear you have had successful deals there.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jeremey J.:

    @Jay Hinrichs

    Thank you, sir, for the clarification and encouragement. I always appreciate your experience and candid feedback.

    You are right—Kokomo is in our backyard. Nice to hear you have had successful deals there.

     Yup I am a Geography Savant  LOL..  I guess it goes back to my aviation days and staring at sectional charts trying to figure out how to get one place to the other..  but Kokomo has seen some life no doubt. Chrysler transmission and Delphi .. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.