Finding a real estate agent to locate properties for you

1 Reply

How do you find a real estate agent to locate properties for you? I wanted to invest in a particular area and I was considering finding a trusted agent to locate MLS expired properties for me and paying them a referral fee.

Hello Miltiana! 

The best way is to work with a real estate brokerage dedicated to working with Investors. They will locate and send you leads, and connect with owners on your behalf. Their service will be to locate and close transactions for you. This is a zero sum game, you only pay a fee when they select properties that you wish to buy and that you are willing to close on. If you're focused on wholesaling, most brokers will not work with you as you would be jeopardizing their code of conduct for use of the MLS service by sending that information to you. Luckily for you, I represent a brokerage in GA, FL, NY, and MA where I can locate properties on your behalf utilizing the local MLS service. our team matches opportunities to you based upon your criteria and only send matches in price, preferable return rate, school district, select neighborhoods, etc. that you've selected in advance.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you