Narrowing in on a Market for investing and construction work

Narrowing in on a Market for investing and construction work

Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 2 votes

Hey! :)

I am looking to narrow in on a Market for buying and holding, and would really appreciate any advice.

Looking to house hack a two or three family house. I'd likely need to change jobs to make this happen once I aquire the loan, since I currently work in NYC. I'd like to start working in construction, as I feel it's my "in" to obtaining more houses in the future. I have a wife and child, so it's important to live in a safe place.

Currently, I can get approved for about 250K if it's a two family house that generates $800 from the second unit.

Here's what I'm currently looking into or considering:

Hartford and Waterbury Connecticut.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Philadelphia

Catskill Mountains

I am looking for info these locations from an investor standpoint, as well as obtaining a job in construction.

Thanks,

0Reply
4 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Catskill, NY · Member since 2018 · 636 posts · 668 votes
    7y

    Is there a reason that you have such different areas picked out? lol I can't help with 3 out of the 4 locations, but I live in Catskill and know a little about the area. The "Catskills" span quite a distance, so I can't help with much else other than the village/town of Catskill itself. Catskill has been "up and coming" for years now and I've certainly seen some changes, but it's still got a ways to go. Now may be a good time to get in since home prices are still reasonable. However, construction jobs don't seem to be plentiful. If I can help with anything else, feel free to reach out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.