BP Female Investors

BP Female Investors

Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 102 posts · 80 votes

Hey Ladies! I am a single female investor. I became interested in REI 3 years ago and bought my first property in 2018. Currently, have 5 doors--1 SFH and 1 4plex. My SFH is and Airbnb, the quad is a LTR. By the end of the year I want one more LTR but my main REI goal this year is saving for a BRRRR in 2021.

I was wondering who are the other female investors on BP. When did you all start investing? Future goals? 

14Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

Karen HigginsPro Member
Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 83 posts · 89 votes
6y

@Justine Scheuher I have been a real estate investor for approx 10 years in the Minneapolis area.  My husband and I started buying property one by one in 2011 and we have grown to a portfolio of 125 long term rental units.  It's a combination of single family, small multi-family (duplexes, tri, quads) and a few 12-15 unit apartment buildings.   I love it!  3 years ago I left my career as a physical therapist to pursue this full time.  We've also completed about 20 flips over that time frame as well.   This year we've pulled back on the flipping and started a property management company.  Our goal this year is to grow the property management company, pay down debt, and keeps our eyes open to any deals that make sense.  Good luck with all your endeavors!  

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Justine Scheuher Hi Justine. I've been investing in real estate on and off again for about 24 years now. I currently have 1 SFH, 1 Duplex that I house hack, and have 1 4-plex under contract that I'm doing due diligence on and hope to close on next month. My goal is to get 2 additional doors by the end of 2021 if possible.

    My ultimate goal is to build up my retirement fund. I spent my first 20 years after college owning bed and breakfasts and my accountant never helped me plan for retirement so now I’ve realized that I can recover and be prepared financially with passive income through real estate.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.