Disclose property adress when introducing a possible deal to PML?

Disclose property adress when introducing a possible deal to PML?

Involved In Real Estate · Omaha, NE · Member since 2012 · 140 posts · 34 votes

Just thinking aloud...
Is it common practice to disclose all info including the address of the property when first proposing the project to different private money lenders? If so, what stops the lender (if they are active investors) from skipping over me and buying the property for their own gain?

0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    13y

    Look up NCND (non-circumvent and non-disclosure) agreement.

    Do you not have control of this property before putting in front of possible lenders?? You should.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Omaha, NE · Member since 2012 · 140 posts · 34 votes
    13y

    Thanks Joel, I mainly deal with fix and flips so I would be proposing the PML for funding of the project. I am assuming you are referencing wholesaling when you say I should have it under control before presenting it, I which case I agree. Or am I missing something?

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    You can control with an "option to purchase", and pay just some token amount for that option.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.