How Many Rentals Are You Adding to Your Portfolio in 2020?

How Many Rentals Are You Adding to Your Portfolio in 2020?

Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes

Hey BP community,

I set my goals for 2020 in December, and I'm curious to hear what my fellow rental investors have on the to-do list for 2020.

0Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Cameron TopePro Member
Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

Great question! I'm balancing the portfolio and building the war chest to ensure I'm protected (and ready to take advantage) when asset prices drop. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cameron TopePro Member
    Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Great question! I'm balancing the portfolio and building the war chest to ensure I'm protected (and ready to take advantage) when asset prices drop. 

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    I have found my first partner! Hopefully we can get a deal or two done and then re-evaluate the relationship to determine if it's still beneficial to all parties and worth accelerating. Also hoping it leads to even more partnerships. I'd like to focus as much of my income as possible towards eliminating my student loan and auto debt, so having a way to acquire properties without using my own capital is a game-changer!

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Timothy Hero  ABOUT 10 , all with 20% + net caps 

  • Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the responses everyone. We're about midway through Q1, so there's still lots of time left in the year to make these goals become a reality.

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Nicole Heasley Beitenman I am always open to business opps. If you want to do something as long as it makes sense I am in 

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Timothy Hero so what is your goal, how many this year and where ? 

  • Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bob Prisco:

    @Timothy Hero so what is your goal, how many this year and where ? 

    60 Mortgages. I currently have 10 under contract with one closed. A few are set to close in the next few days. I'm off to a good start, but I seem to always stay hungry.

    Next year I'll start looking into rentals.

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Timothy Hero so you are not buying anything, just doing loans. I bit off topic from your post 

    Good Luck 

  • Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bob Prisco:

    @Timothy Hero so you are not buying anything, just doing loans. I bit off topic from your post 

    Good Luck 

    Not yet. The plan is to get some properties shortly though. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Port Coquitlam, BC · Member since 2017 · 520 posts · 527 votes
    6y

    Planning for one... 25+ unit building in New Brunswick (Canada). Would be interested in hearing about your Cleaveland experience @Bob Prisco . Seems like there are some parallels with where I invest.

  • Member since 2020 · 117 posts · 84 votes
    6y

    @Timothy Hero

    Buy 2 multi family property by the end of the year. Closing on my first march 10th 4 unit. Before this only owned sfh as rentals

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 930 posts · 836 votes
    6y

    @Timothy Hero

    My goal is 2 this year. First year back in the game, after the bungling around I did from 2011-2016.

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed Hi Chris, New Brunswick, not to often you here about people from there. I have good friend from there . We met in Hollywood Beach FL, as thats where they go for the winters,. Benny and Edith Drapaeu happen to know them? I understand its a very small town. They told me the ONE street light that has been broken for years is now gone LOL,,

    Cleveland has been great for me and my clients for years, 

  • Rental Property Investor · Bakersfield CA · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Shooting for two this year, and building up my cash reserves.

  • Rental Property Investor · Port Coquitlam, BC · Member since 2017 · 520 posts · 527 votes
    6y

    @Bob Prisco New Brunswick is a province that has a few cities between 50k and 100k. Nice investment markets. I don't live there though, I am 5,000 miles away in BC.

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed gotcha, Well my personals are all 20% ++++ net caps, so I am a bit spoiled. Cleveland is where I have my team,,contractors, PM etc, 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 192 posts · 104 votes
    6y

    The goal is to add 200 units this year. The focus is on 4+ unit properties including apartments and mobile home parks. As much as I love Austin, TX, it's next to impossible to find great deals in this market that meet my cash flow criteria.

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    6y

    So far it's looking like 0. There's not enough meat on the bone where I am at this point to make anything make sense. So at this point I'm planning on building capital for the year and doing some value-add on properties I already own to be able to increase the rents there as they turn over. 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    2 per month is my goal

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    At least 1 but...

    I keep getting beat out on every offer I make. I don't know how people are making any money buying at these prices.

    Trying to stick to my criteria.

  • Rental Property Investor · Killeen, TX · Member since 2017 · 338 posts · 100 votes
    6y

    @Derek Harris sent you a PM

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    6y

    -1 to +1. I have been selling 1 to 2 headaches per year as they come open and I retail them up. 

    Then out of nowhere someone I know will be in a bind and call me up.  1-3 new acquisitions per year has been the average. 

  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    How ever many deals I can find... the deal pickin's is slim right now...

  • Rental Property Investor · CT · Member since 2008 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    2 buy and holds multis - 6 doors

    1 rehab - BRRR or flip

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Our goal is to add 60 units this year. So far we have added 19 and we are under contract for 4 more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.