How can I find the owner of a large apartment complex?

4 Replies

Looking to purchase a large apartment complex 40 units or more in an A or B area

Once I see I can add value to the apartments in the right area how can I get in touch with the owner to negotiate a sale? Better question what’s the best way to find an off market multi family apartments for sale?

Think about what you said. You want to find an off market property that is for sale. If its off market, then it is NOT for sale.

You have to go out and look for properties that may need some rehab. Find the owners through the apparaisal district or tax assessor's site. Use a skip tracing company to find their number or send them a short letter asking them if they want to sell. That will open the door and maybe get a conversation started. Most will not want to sell, but its a numbers game. Maybe contact 10 or 20 and you will find 1. How long is it going to take you to contact 20 people to get 1 deal??

@Joshua Duhon

Sometimes with Apartments with around 40 or less, you can use GIS mapping in some counties and they'll show you the owners name (mostly LLCs) and the owner's address.

Also, when dealing with Apartments, commercial brokers are your friend, because they are constantly trying to contact owners to see if they want to sell.

@Joe Rinderknecht might be able to provide more value on this.

I have been using this site Reonomy.com.   It has been very useful in finding owner information/sales/other info.   You can do a free trail to check it out. Hope that helps

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here