COVID-19 Impact Predictions to Real Estate

COVID-19 Impact Predictions to Real Estate

Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 28 votes

I had another Zoom call with a couple investors that I am mentoring today where they were asking questions about Sandwich Lease Options. The call naturally turned to all types of dialogue about future impacts to Real Estate in general. It got me thinking, what questions do you have about COVID-19 impacts to real estate? How many of you would want me to do a webinar on this subject?

I'd be curious what your interest level and questions would be?

1Reply
23 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Agent/Entrepreneur · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 464 posts · 564 votes
    6y

    How will college towns be impacted in the short term if schools don't re-open? Long term impact as some kids may prefer the cheaper route of online/remote learning?

    Office space: Will we see a drop in value as more companies adopt to remote work environments? How can RE players (developers, investors) re-purpose this potentially archaic asset class to something else for the future - like apartment units?

    Commercial retail: How badly will ecommerce and digital transformation of businesses slowly eliminate this asset class? How can these be repurposed (potentially warehouses, apartments, etc.)?

    New development: If the commercial office & retail space will shrink, how can builders refocus their business if it doesn't make sense to build brand new offices & retail centers?

    Warehouse: Will these be in more demand with companies creating distribution centers for their ecommerce businesses as opposed to having a larger retail presence? Big retailers are already doing this, but what about the smaller/mom & pop level retailers with just a few locations? 

  • Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    @Ujwal Velagapudi

    Thanks for the questions. I’m holding off to see if there’s any interest in a webinar on the topic and/or other questions that could be messaged here. I’ll get back to your questions.

  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 205 votes
    6y

    Do you have a replay link? Another webinar would be great!

  • Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    @Malgorzata Sadowska

    Haven’t done it yet. Was waiting to see what the feedback would be. But when I do, I’ll post a link to it here!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.