Just listening to Rich Dad Poor Dad, anyone else cant put it down

Just listening to Rich Dad Poor Dad, anyone else cant put it down

Contractor · Saskatoon Saskatchewan · Member since 2020 · 58 posts · 18 votes

I started listening to Rich Dad poor Dad yesterday and it’s an eye opener! I can’t put it down but I think I’m getting a brain overload! Now to just get my wife to read it....

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

David BowlesPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Davison, MI · Member since 2019 · 76 posts · 24 votes
6y

@Russ Wahl If you like that, move right into “Cashflow Quadrant”. Now that you have the scent of what you want in life, follow the breadcrumbs. I started my “financial freedom journey” 2.5 years ago. My wife and I have paid off about 55k in debt, built about 75k in cash (40k from cash out refi, and 16k from a small inheritance). We also just closed on our first rental in June of this year, and have 14k in equity there! I’m a total normal guy with a wife and two kids. I’m a field service engineer and she’s a hairstylist. My wife and I make less than 100k a year. If we can do it, anyone can! Robert Kyosaki is great, and I think if you sprinkle in a bit of Dave Ramsey to learn to live within your means (this was hard for me LOL), you will have a portfolio of your own before you know it! Keep the fire lit and keep your vision! Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · RI · Member since 2019 · 157 posts · 93 votes
    6y

    @Russ Wahl great book!  That was the first one I read that really motivated me with investing.  You should check out "Set for Life" by Scott Trench.  I read that one in a day - probably my all time favorite book!

  • Contractor · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Russ Wahl I'm on my third time listening to it. I'm amped up and ready to change my lifestyle

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I am a big fan of Robert Kiyosaki! Check out his videos on YouTube after you finish the book. I just started Set for Life this afternoon and love it so far! Now back to reading... :) 

  • Contractor · Saskatoon Saskatchewan · Member since 2020 · 58 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Erica Larence

    I’ll add it to my wish list, thanks Erica

  • Contractor · Saskatoon Saskatchewan · Member since 2020 · 58 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Megan B. I actually stumbled upon Robert because I was listening to UTube at work and after my video Robert came up as a suggested vid. It played and I listened. Think after a few videos my mind was blown and it led me to bigger pockets. I didn’t even know at that time that Robert had a book :)

  • Contractor · Saskatoon Saskatchewan · Member since 2020 · 58 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Daniel Purcell

    I hear you Daniel! This is the only book I’ve ever read or listened to that when I finished I started again!

  • David BowlesPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Davison, MI · Member since 2019 · 76 posts · 24 votes
    6y

    @Russ Wahl If you like that, move right into “Cashflow Quadrant”. Now that you have the scent of what you want in life, follow the breadcrumbs. I started my “financial freedom journey” 2.5 years ago. My wife and I have paid off about 55k in debt, built about 75k in cash (40k from cash out refi, and 16k from a small inheritance). We also just closed on our first rental in June of this year, and have 14k in equity there! I’m a total normal guy with a wife and two kids. I’m a field service engineer and she’s a hairstylist. My wife and I make less than 100k a year. If we can do it, anyone can! Robert Kyosaki is great, and I think if you sprinkle in a bit of Dave Ramsey to learn to live within your means (this was hard for me LOL), you will have a portfolio of your own before you know it! Keep the fire lit and keep your vision! Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.