Accountant referral for new real estate investor

1 Reply


We are purchasing our first investment property - a short term rental in Florida. We have an accountant but she does not have a lot of experience in real estate investments. We are looking for an accountant or accountants who can provide aggressive but legal tax advice for real estate investors and thought that maybe the Bigger Pockets community would have some good recommendations. We live in GA and are investing in FL, so ideally they would be able to handle advice in both states.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.  Thank you!

@Mike Schreiner

Florida doesn't have a state income tax so you really only need to know an accountant who understands GA states tax laws.

You want to work with an accountant who can guide you through what is deductible since this is your first go around with real estate investing.
Good luck in your search.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you