What should be my first step as a real estate agent?

What should be my first step as a real estate agent?

Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hey I’m 18 and I’m looking to get my real estate license soon, and I was wondering what should by my next move afterwards.

0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gavin WelchPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2011 · 305 posts · 181 votes
    5y

    Pick a market..Buyers, sellers, investors.. ect.  Then market to them.  DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON LEADS.  The best way to get started is to cold call for sellers, and find good investment properties on the mls and through wholesalers and sell them to investors, then tell the investor when they are ready to sell the property you will list it for them at a discount, while finding them another great deal... Rince and repeat..

    Good Luck

    Gavin

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Gavin Welch

    Hey Gavin, I really appreciate your advice! I’m going to most definitely look into cold calls.🙏🏾

  • Auburn, NH · Member since 2016 · 234 posts · 207 votes
    5y

    Once you decide what you want to focus on, find an agent that is doing the same thing and learn from them. If you want to focus on working with investors, learning from someone that focuses on listings is going to flatten your learning curve 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.