Searching REA Soldotna or Kenai AK

Searching REA Soldotna or Kenai AK

Timothy ChiBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2018 · 88 posts · 45 votes

Looking for a real estate agent in the Soldotna or Kenai area of AK.  Needs to be investor-minded.  Thanks in advance!

0Reply
15 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kenai, AK · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    As I see no replies... I am no agent, but an investor who lives in Kenai with Kenai as my area of focus.  I'd be happy to help how I can. LA

  • Timothy ChiBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2018 · 88 posts · 45 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    As I see no replies... I am no agent, but an investor who lives in Kenai with Kenai as my area of focus.  I'd be happy to help how I can. LA

    Hi Lance! Thanks for replying. I'll PM you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Soldotna, AK · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    @Timothy Chi I know this post is quite old and I assume you have already found an agent but I wanted to at least reach out! I am a fairly new agent and just got my license in December of last year but I have been investing in real estate both SFR and multi-family properties since 2015. I currently own a 7-plex in Kenai that I use as both a short term rental and long term rental depending on the season. Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

  • Timothy ChiBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2018 · 88 posts · 45 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kyle Titus:

    @Timothy Chi I know this post is quite old and I assume you have already found an agent but I wanted to at least reach out! I am a fairly new agent and just got my license in December of last year but I have been investing in real estate both SFR and multi-family properties since 2015. I currently own a 7-plex in Kenai that I use as both a short term rental and long term rental depending on the season. Let me know if I can be of any assistance!


    Hey Kyle! Thanks for the post. I have already found an agent and purchased a4plex last year. My girlfriend is currently under contract on a SFH that we hope to use a MIL for a medium term rental and the rest of the house as a STR.

  • Real Estate Agent · Soldotna, AK · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    That is awesome and good to hear. Are you sticking to long term rentals on the 4-plex? On the SFH do you plan on using it as a STR in the summer only or year round?

  • Timothy ChiBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2018 · 88 posts · 45 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kyle Titus:

    That is awesome and good to hear. Are you sticking to long term rentals on the 4-plex? On the SFH do you plan on using it as a STR in the summer only or year round?


     The 4plex has 3 LTR units and 1 furnished medium TR. 

    The SFH we aren't sure yet. It's a pretty large space so we plan to use it as a STR year round but if business isn't good in the winter, we may convert it to a medium term. Same with the MIL unit, if we decide to we can to STR in the summer and Medium TR in the offseason.

    How are you STRs going?

  • Real Estate Agent · Soldotna, AK · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    That all makes sense and sounds sweet. I am curious as to how the STR market is throughout the winter. I know that down in Homer their spaces stay booked pretty consistently year-round but I don't know that Kenai/Soldotna has that same draw in the winter. I have heard of people doing some STR stuff out in Nikiski near the refinery and all of that but I am not sure how well they actually do.

    I just started mine this summer on a whim and it has been pleasantly surprising. I only have two units up right now but between the two I only have 2 vacant nights for the month of July and I listed them really late in the season. My units are at a pretty low price point with a small 4 bedroom unit being at about $180/night and a small studio being at $80/night. Still pretty lucrative in comparison to the long term rents that I would get. 

  • Timothy ChiBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2018 · 88 posts · 45 votes
    4y

    Yes same. I hear the winter can be hit or miss but the summer makes up for it.  It'll be good to have flexibility between airbnb and medium term rental in the winter.

    Definitely a huge rental need in the soldotna/kenai area!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.