Real Estate Agent · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 33 votes
I am a licensed Realtor in the state of Florida. I am interested in investing into off-market pre-foreclosure homes I research at my counties clerk of courts. As a Realtor does anyone know of any limitations to doing such a thing?
hi @Joe Matthews If the home is in preforeclosure the bank will not pay you a commission if you are the buyer/realtor. You must get a realtor to represent you or forfeit the commission.
Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y
Dunno, I'd ask your principal broker first in FL. Most places require you to sate you're a licensed RE broker when you make an offer on your own behalf.
Real Estate Broker · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 206 posts · 194 votes
5y
In Missouri, as a licensed broker/agent it is ok to purchase off market properties on your own behalf. You do need to disclose that you are licensed however, and to avoid any appearance of skirting that you should have a disclosure clause in the contract.
hi @Joe Matthews If the home is in preforeclosure the bank will not pay you a commission if you are the buyer/realtor. You must get a realtor to represent you or forfeit the commission.