Asheville Area Meetup

Asheville Area Meetup

Derek RobinsonPro Member
Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes

Hi folks,

I am taking a step forward towards creating a Bigger Pockets Meetup here in Asheville, and would love for you to be a part. While there are other investor groups in our area, I think the BP crowd attracts its own flavor of folks, and I want to provide a space for us.

Other groups vary in their programming, cost, and population. The BP Asheville events will be free, and if they attract the BP crowd that I've come to know and love, I'm sure they will also always be filled with zealous, hungry, interesting people!

@Jordan Lockaby and I are running this group together.  She is an agent and new investor and brings the motivation and passion to get this group going.  I have experience with short and long term rentals, private money lending, mobile homes, mobile home parks, commercial subleases, multifamily, flipping, etc.

I hope to have you join in the sharing, growing, and learning. Thank you!

2Reply
122 views

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Asheville, NC · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Derek Robinson!  Long time no see...Just filled it out.  Always excited to find others around town to link arms with and pick brains.  Hope this can get off the ground.  Thanks for putting it together.

  • Real Estate Agent · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 67 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    Woohoo! Le’z go!

  • Asheville, NC · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 35 votes
    5y

    Looking forward to seeing live people again

  • Investor · Mills River, NC · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Good evening, I'd love to connect and meet up with some other like minded investors. I will be moving to Mills River in May and look forward to getting involved starting my real estate journey. I'm still working on finding my niche' but I have started to narrow it down to multi-family and single family rentals, even mobile homes have sparked some interest. Looking forward to connecting!

  • Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 385 posts · 274 votes
    5y

    Perfect. I am glad you have taken this on. I hope to be able to attend however you do it. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Perhaps I'm missing something but where are the details for the meetup or are you just gauging interest and numbers/contacts currently?

  • Derek RobinsonPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
    5y

    @Michael Reed, we are trying to gauge what works best for people through the survey before we set a time and place :-)

  • Investor · Hendersonville, NC · Member since 2013 · 754 posts · 281 votes
    5y

    Howdy. I'm not sure I love the word "zealous" but that's just me! Anyway, keep me in the loop and once I get my shots, I'll happily show up.

  • Derek RobinsonPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
    5y

    Hello Bigger Pockets Asheville Enthusiasts,
    Thanks for taking our survey and expressing interest in a BP Meetup!
    A few highlights...

    87% of you want in-person events

    87% suggested a brewery for locale

    73% suggested a coffee shop for locale

    100% say evenings work best

    39% say mornings work best
    Taking this data into consideration, we've come up with two initial dates. We'll trial a morning meet up at a coffee shop, and an evening meetup at a brewery.
    Wednesday April 21  Zilicoah, 870 Riverside Drive  6-7:30PM
    Wednesday April 28  High Five Coffee, 2000 Riverside Drive  9-10:30
    Mark your calendars - we'll see you there!

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 314 posts · 280 votes
    5y

    @Derek Robinson

    I think I’ll make the evening one!

    Looking forward to it

  • Doniel WinterPro Member
    Asheville NC · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 41 votes
    5y

    Evening @ Zilicoa sounds good.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I'm interested in moving to the area. I'm hoping to rent until I can find a house hack situation and then develop a team and start BRRRR'n. Anybody interested in connecting? I'd be interested in speaking with any contractors you guys would recommend concerning part time work to get more experience in renovations.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I'm willing to volunteer for anybody who can point me in any directions once I'm there.  

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    5y

    @Derek Robinson looking forward to the evening at Zillicoah!

  • Derek RobinsonPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
    5y

    Hey Hey! Due to the weather, we are changing the venue for this evening. We will meet

    at Archetype Brewing DOWNTOWN at 174 Broadway St. Still at 6pm. They

    are letting us use their venue space, so we'll have our own area!  Thanks for @Darren Smitherman for hooking us up!

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Hello neighbors! I'm from Fairview but frequent Asheville. I'd love to attend an upcoming meetup.  Is a May or June gathering scheduled? 

  • Derek RobinsonPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
    5y

    Hey @Claudia Ramirez. Yes, we are having a meet up in May.  It's posted in events, but I'm not sure how to link you there.   Here are the details:

    Wed 5/19 6:30pm Archetype brewing downtown asheville

    Wed 5/26 9am High Five Coffee 2000 Riverside drive

    If you want to send me your email, I can get you on the list that we send info out to.

    Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Hi Derek, is the meet up still happening this Wednesday?

    @Derek Robinson

  • Derek RobinsonPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
    5y

    Hey @Sam Morgan, yes, we are meeting this Wed at High Five Coffee at 9am.  Come early if you want coffee, as they get busy when everyone shows up right at 9am!

    If you give me your email, I can set you on on the reminder emails.

  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    @Derek Robinson

    Looks like I never hit the post button to reply yesterday. 

    Which High Five coffee? Rankin or Broadway?
     


  • Derek RobinsonPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
    5y

    2000 Riverside Drive, 28804

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.