I’m 22yrs old from Columbus Ohio and looking for a mentor

I’m 22yrs old from Columbus Ohio and looking for a mentor

Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 7 votes

I’m a painter from Columbus Ohio looking for knowledge on a lot of things business , investing , real estate and just about anything that can help me grow and build long term wealth. I’m hardworking and very dedicated if you have anything to help even just some advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 👍

3Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2016 · 286 posts · 253 votes
5y

@Gaige Luther Congrats on reaching out on biggerpockets.  We are local to columbus ohio.  Do you currently work for a painting company in town?  Do you know your realestate goals? 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cameron TopePro Member
    Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Hey Gaige,

    Find some people that are doing what you want to be doing in real estate and add value to them. My guess would be giving them deals on painting their places. 

    Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2016 · 286 posts · 253 votes
    5y

    @Gaige Luther Congrats on reaching out on biggerpockets.  We are local to columbus ohio.  Do you currently work for a painting company in town?  Do you know your realestate goals? 

  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Congrats on getting started. Getting a mentor is one of the best ways to speed up the real estate learning process. What part of real estate are you trying to learn more about? @Gaige Luther

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Gaige Luther:

    I’m a painter from Columbus Ohio looking for knowledge on a lot of things business , investing , real estate and just about anything that can help me grow and build long term wealth. I’m hardworking and very dedicated if you have anything to help even just some advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 👍

     I am always looking for investor-friendly (cheap) painters in Columbus, Ohio

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Gaige Luther:

    I’m a painter from Columbus Ohio looking for knowledge on a lot of things business , investing , real estate and just about anything that can help me grow and build long term wealth. I’m hardworking and very dedicated if you have anything to help even just some advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 👍

     That's great, welcome to the site Gaige!

  • Property Manager · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 121 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Gaige Luther:

    I’m a painter from Columbus Ohio looking for knowledge on a lot of things business , investing , real estate and just about anything that can help me grow and build long term wealth. I’m hardworking and very dedicated if you have anything to help even just some advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 👍

     Hey Gaige, I can steer the cart but you have to push - I'm local in Columbus! Do you have an idea where you want to end up in the future?

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Cameron Tope thanks buddy that’s what I’m trying to find 👍

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Ryan Mainwaring I’m actually an autobody painter and I’m working for a giant company just wanting to start out I have a lot of experience painting cars and houses and just about anything. I guess my overall goal would be to find a property that can launch me into a career owning my own autobody shop has always been a dream of mine but I’m realizing it’s a lot easier with real estate to get what I want

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Brandon Goldsmith commercial real estate seems to be the end goal but might just have to start out with a house back with a nice garage or something like that

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Kyle Tom I have the muscles and the work ethic if there is any thing you think you can help even if it’s just advice I would love to connect and see if we can’t bring each other some value thanks for reaching out

  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 22 votes
    5y

    Being a painter can be an advantage. Working for a large company has given you a skill set you can leverage. Have you considered offering your painting services to homeowners, contractors and realtors that have clients in need? When tenants move out a fresh coat of paint is needed. General contractors many times are looking to sub out painting jobs. You can earn additional income and more importantly, build business relationships that will help you reach your goals. Let everyone you meet know you are interested in owning real estate and in particular, your own shop. Opportunities will begin to appear. I am a general contractor and working with realtors, property managers, homeowners and other tradesmen has opened up many opportunities. 
    If you want a mentor, ask what value can you bring to that person. Many times those seeking a mentor are interested primarily in getting, instead of giving. A mentors time is valuable, so we have to make it worth their time and effort to mentor us. Offering something of value that benefits the mentor is key. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.