I’m 22yrs old from Columbus Ohio and looking for a mentor

11 Replies

I’m a painter from Columbus Ohio looking for knowledge on a lot of things business , investing , real estate and just about anything that can help me grow and build long term wealth. I’m hardworking and very dedicated if you have anything to help even just some advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 👍

Hey Gaige,

Find some people that are doing what you want to be doing in real estate and add value to them. My guess would be giving them deals on painting their places. 

Best of luck!

@Gaige Luther Congrats on reaching out on biggerpockets.  We are local to columbus ohio.  Do you currently work for a painting company in town?  Do you know your realestate goals? 

Originally posted by @Gaige Luther :

I’m a painter from Columbus Ohio looking for knowledge on a lot of things business , investing , real estate and just about anything that can help me grow and build long term wealth. I’m hardworking and very dedicated if you have anything to help even just some advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 👍

I am always looking for investor-friendly (cheap) painters in Columbus, Ohio

That's great, welcome to the site Gaige!

Hey Gaige, I can steer the cart but you have to push - I'm local in Columbus! Do you have an idea where you want to end up in the future?

@Ryan Mainwaring I’m actually an autobody painter and I’m working for a giant company just wanting to start out I have a lot of experience painting cars and houses and just about anything. I guess my overall goal would be to find a property that can launch me into a career owning my own autobody shop has always been a dream of mine but I’m realizing it’s a lot easier with real estate to get what I want

Being a painter can be an advantage. Working for a large company has given you a skill set you can leverage. Have you considered offering your painting services to homeowners, contractors and realtors that have clients in need? When tenants move out a fresh coat of paint is needed. General contractors many times are looking to sub out painting jobs. You can earn additional income and more importantly, build business relationships that will help you reach your goals. Let everyone you meet know you are interested in owning real estate and in particular, your own shop. Opportunities will begin to appear. I am a general contractor and working with realtors, property managers, homeowners and other tradesmen has opened up many opportunities. 
If you want a mentor, ask what value can you bring to that person. Many times those seeking a mentor are interested primarily in getting, instead of giving. A mentors time is valuable, so we have to make it worth their time and effort to mentor us. Offering something of value that benefits the mentor is key. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you