Insurance/Tax Quote; Where to get this from

Insurance/Tax Quote; Where to get this from

Real Estate Investor · Hartford, CT · Member since 2011 · 222 posts · 17 votes

Hey Team,

I'm ironing out the logistics of a deal that i'm currently working on. Looks great, but want to re-run the numbers again to verify. I'll even post the deal!

Where do i get these quotes from? Tried searching through the forums, but ran into a wall!

Got tied up in other stuff pertaining to R.E. LOL

Any advice?

Geoff

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    13y

    Insurance quote from an insurance agent.

    Taxes from the county. Sometimes they have enough info on their web site to compute it. Sometimes you can see current and past tax bills.

  • Real Estate Investor · Hartford, CT · Member since 2011 · 222 posts · 17 votes
    13y

    Jon Holdman- thanks Jon! wasn't sure if there was a particular company everyone recommended.

    I try to get the most recommended companies.

    I heard that these items can possibly increase once ownership is taken over?

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    13y

    Yeah insurance rate go up over time. That reminds me I need to call my agent. But if you ask for a quote for landlord insurance, you should get a pretty accurate number.

    Research how taxes work in your area. These are complex and, yes, do sometimes change when ownership is transferred. That can be because a new owner resets grandfathering of old tax rates. Can also be because they re-evaluate values when the property is sold. Over time, these will go up, too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.