Manufactured on Acreage - Mobile Home Investment

4 Replies

Has anyone invested in a manufactured mobile home that sits on solid foundation that came with acreage?

What did you do to invest in such property with a good piece of land?

I thought of building a home on the property and selling the mobile home, or just adding an addition to the mobile home and rent the home and land.

The home is over 1900 square foot, the engineering of the home is well-built, the inside of the mobile home is remodeled from the previous owners (very well maintained), it sits on 2.5 acres and the best part is that I purchased it below what it appraised. This mobile home does not sit in a mobile home park but it's surrounded by stick Built Homes, and I am seeing new homes being built in the area. So, I do see potential in the location on where the city is growing.

What are your thoughts?

I've done it and it can be a good investment for the right price. Just remember manufactured homes are not as well-built as stick-built homes in most cases and can have some unique problems. Educate yourself and be prepared. Otherwise, it sounds like a good opportunity.

@Jenna Rivera Yes, it can definitely work. There are a lot of residents who live in mobile home parks whose dreams are to eventually move out of the park and buy a mobile home out on land. Depending on what you intend to do, I'm sure there will be a market for the product. Best of luck with the project! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you