Investor · SoCal · Member since 2021 · 22 posts · 10 votes
Hey BP family good morning and happy Wednesday!! I want to inspire and motivate others and would love to know what inspires/motivates you? Songs, quotes, books?! As for myself I find inspiration from my wife and 3 children. Another source of motivation for me is a rapper named Nipsey Hussle.(some of you may know him some may not). His story is an interesting one of trials and tribulations he's gone through and if you look beyond the book cover on him there's deep lyrics and quotes that have inspired my investing journey. I encourage people to interact and share what's their why? You never know, your inspiration/motivation could be the connection that leads to your next big deal!! OPEN/SHARE/CONNECT/GROW
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
5y
income to raise cloth feed and educate my children through collage age. thats was first thing that motivated me and that is now done.. Next is retirement along with the Charity we started and stopping to smell the roses after all these years.
While I enjoy music in most forms Rap is not one of them.. I take no inspiration from Music just enjoy listening to it.
Did Nipsey get killed by someone or just Die of natural causes i remember something about that..
Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 127 posts · 62 votes
5y
@Steven Woods What motivates me is freedom of time!! What I need to have that freedom of time is passive income(Real Estate) so I can spend time with the people I love or helping others achieve that same freedom.
I enjoy listing to and reading David Goggins content. Can't Hurt Me is a good read not for everyone but having a military background I love the in-your-face realization to take action and change your life.
"I don't stop when I'm tired I stop when I'm done" - David Goggins
income to raise cloth feed and educate my children through collage age. thats was first thing that motivated me and that is now done.. Next is retirement along with the Charity we started and stopping to smell the roses after all these years.
While I enjoy music in most forms Rap is not one of them.. I take no inspiration from Music just enjoy listening to it.
Did Nipsey get killed by someone or just Die of natural causes i remember something about that..
I'm a big family guy! I love and can relate to your why. I'm teaching them as I learn more.
Music can have so many different effects on people, there are times when I just want to listen to "Israel IZ Kamakawiwo'ole, Somewhere over the Rainbow", keep it on repeat and do deep meditation breathing.
Nipsey was killed, died by gunfire. It was a very somber moment for me because I could see and understand the new direction he was taking his life and the potential impact it could have had on the very people around him but I always try to find the positive in a situation and I believe although his unfortunate passing happened, it brought about a lot of change in people for the better.
I appreciate the response!! Keep that inspiration/motivation!
@Steven Woods What motivates me is freedom of time!! What I need to have that freedom of time is passive income(Real Estate) so I can spend time with the people I love or helping others achieve that same freedom.
I enjoy listing to and reading David Goggins content. Can't Hurt Me is a good read not for everyone but having a military background I love the in-your-face realization to take action and change your life.
"I don't stop when I'm tired I stop when I'm done" - David Goggins
That quote!!!! I want to let you know that got me through the day yesterday. I was laying turf in one of my rental properties after I read the David Goggins quote and it made me push through. I was going on probably my 5th hour, 108 degree weather (Lake Elsinore) and I thought about that quote, had a drink, and finished the job. So I owe you a thank you for your response and words of wisdom even though it's a quote you brought that to the forum and shared.
Freedom of time is a major driving factor for me as well. The way I see it is, I'm free when I don't need to ask another person for permission to spend time with my family. (let that one marinate on the mind, probably cook up something really nice in the future!) I will check out that read as well, to me if another investor found value in a book it's worth it to me.