Is Birmingham the new Safe market??? #Role Tide

Is Birmingham the new Safe market??? #Role Tide

Investor · Weatherford Tx · Member since 2020 · 53 posts · 19 votes

Hey fello BP Comrades, I invest in Lubbock Tx currently but have 1 SFR SE of Birmingham and used to live there and it seems this market is easier to find deals compared to West Texas where its super hot. Any Advice?? Thanks in advance, If I can help in any way... Lets Connect.

4Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Midland, TX · Member since 2018 · 198 posts · 148 votes
5y

Interested to see the replies here. It is rather "warmer" these days here!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Midland, TX · Member since 2018 · 198 posts · 148 votes
    5y

    Interested to see the replies here. It is rather "warmer" these days here!

  • Investor · Weatherford Tx · Member since 2020 · 53 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    Hey @Mason Moreland. I think your right, I was hoping to get Some updated insights On Lubbock also. Might be warmer these days.

  • Investor · Auburn, AL · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    Hey Jared, we have to work on your Roll Tide! I'm originally from Birmingham and I'm currently putting in offers to land my first true investment property. I've found Birmingham to be a great market for deals whether you're a buy and hold investor or a flipper. With all of the recent development of downtown some of the low income surrounding areas are starting to experience the benefits. I've recently seen flipped homes sale for 250k plus in areas I didn't think were possible. You can also buy small condos downtown for reasonable prices if short-term rentals is your thing. Lots of options in Birmingham.

  • Investor · Weatherford Tx · Member since 2020 · 53 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    LOL Thanks Kevin I'm assuming its War Eagle for you. I love watching all SEC teams play and thrive. I used to live in Shelby County and have a single family rental in Leeds and its doing great. I'm investing in Lubbock but The Birmingham area seems so good to me. I did not realize there was significant downtown development. I think it's time to search for an agent and explore. I would be open to short terms they are intriguing. Hmmm now my day is ruined, I'll be on the internet all day lol.

  • Jim OwensPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 1 vote
    4y
  • Jim OwensPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Are there certain areas to stay away from in Lubbock? I'm in Las Vegas and the properties here do not cashflow. I've been looking in Lubbock and talking to a realtor currently about making an offer on a sfr. I've seen some people say Lubbock is great because of the school there but other info online suggests it's one of the worst most dangerous cities in the US. 

  • Realtor · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2016 · 127 posts · 60 votes
    4y

    @Jim Owens What you see in the news can be very misleading if you don't know what areas to stay away from. Very generally speaking, I would NOT invest in any property that was east of University Ave unless it is south of 82nd St. A lot of the newer homes can be found in the southern portion of the city as well as some pockets in the western part of the city. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will help out any way I can. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.