Propert only had 3 days for offers and no showing date

3 Replies

Put my offer in first ever duplex. MLS listing only had 3 days to put an offer and no showing date. Could this be potentially mean the seller wants it sold fast? Could this be more competitive or less competitive because it's only 3 days to put an offer? Or is this common? Lmk as I am new in this process. :)

@Kerry Pangan the seller wants it sold fast and in this market they have the upper hand to do so. I would not mistake this for less competition. If priced right, the seller can expect to receive multiple offers within the three day period. Obviously, offer acceptance is dependent on multiple factors such as intended purchase price, but this is not uncommon. Best of luck! 

Promotion
RentRedi
Smart Tech For The Smart Landlord
The Smart Way To Manage Your Rentals
Enjoy growing your portfolio without paying more for it. Unlimited units & easy-to-use apps.
Get Unlimited Units

I would venture that they have problem renters who they do not want to be aware that they are selling it and who will not allow viewings without it being a big problem.  Ask about the tenant, if they have tried to remove them, terms of lease, if a relative, paying at all ever, copy of last inspection report, and when the LL last inspected the units ...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you