Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2011 · 606 posts · 413 votes
3y
Typically, the maximum loan-to-value ratio for a conventional cash out refinance is 80% and for VA it can go up to 90%. Fannie Mae had for awhile a high LTV refinance option. However, due to the low volume and the impact of the Revised QM Rule, they have paused the acquisition of high LTV refinance loans.
Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 899 votes
3y
@Cameron Amateis- thanks - is the proeprty a rental or your home ? are you looking to refinance an existing loan or to pull out cash ....these things will impact options
Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 1 vote
3y
@Dave Skow
Hey Dave, I would like it to be a rental, however I’m having trouble finding a rate that works with the market rent. I pretty much break even with everything I’m finding. The rehab took longer than expected, rates went up, and values decreased slightly since I bought it.
If you can refi with an 85% LTV and still have positive cash flow, take it and run with it.
Even if you breakeven/slightly negative in cash flow -- sounds solid to take the money. Rents will likely continue to increase which will help if the goal is long term hold.