Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 6 votes
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have recommendations, or had any luck securing a HELOC on an investment property or on a 2nd home? Any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated. I've got a great deal of equity to work with, but I'd rather not do a cash-out refi.
I'm located in Tampa, FL with properties in Indian Rocks Beach, FL.
There are a few unique HELOC and HELOAN products for investment properties now a days. Expect that to come at reduced leverage and higher rates. Depending on how much you plan on taking out relative to your first lien, I would do a blended rate calculation just to make sure that it does not make more sense to refi.
Lender · Massillon, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 486 votes
3y
If it's a single family and not in an LLC, I know of at least 2 lenders that'll do them. A HELOAN (closed end second) would be an option as well, doesn't affect your first mortgage.
Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
Hello Ryan,
There are second mortgage options available for second homes and investment properties. The max CLTV is 85% and you may qualify with 2 years of taxes or 24 months of bank statements
I work with several lenders that can do investment helocs. You still need to qualify for the payment on your own. We'd do a blended rate calc to make sure it makes sense to have a heloc/heloan vs a refinance. If you can't qualify for the heloc/heloan then a DSCR cashout may be your only option as they don't look at your income.
Lender · Florida, USA · Member since 2023 · 33 posts · 5 votes
3y
Hi @Ryan Tolley -- depending on your timeline, a Private Money Loan could be a viable option to utilize your equity and make additional investments. Capital cost is usually higher for shorter terms, but with these types of loans you can strike while the iron is hot (usually <14 days to close) and maximize your ROI. Happy to explore your needs and see if I can help :)