HELOC for a Rental Property (Quadplex)

HELOC for a Rental Property (Quadplex)

Member since 2025 · 14 posts · 10 votes

I have a HELOC on my primary residence but was told by the bank I have it with that they can't give me a HELOC on my Quadplex because it's a multi family rental (they could pass a single family rental off as a a vacation home. Are there any reputable lenders that offer a HELOC on multi family rentals?

1Reply
25 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HurstBusiness Member
    Lender · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jay Jones:

    I have a HELOC on my primary residence but was told by the bank I have it with that they can't give me a HELOC on my Quadplex because it's a multi family rental (they could pass a single family rental off as a a vacation home. Are there any reputable lenders that offer a HELOC on multi family rentals?

     @Jay Jones  what state is the property in?

    Hurst Real Estate, INC4.989 Reviews
    • Member since 2025 · 14 posts · 10 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jay Hurst:
      Quote from @Jay Jones:

      I have a HELOC on my primary residence but was told by the bank I have it with that they can't give me a HELOC on my Quadplex because it's a multi family rental (they could pass a single family rental off as a a vacation home. Are there any reputable lenders that offer a HELOC on multi family rentals?

       @Jay Jones  what state is the property in?


       South Carolina…I live in North Carolina

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jay Jones:

    I have a HELOC on my primary residence but was told by the bank I have it with that they can't give me a HELOC on my Quadplex because it's a multi family rental (they could pass a single family rental off as a a vacation home. Are there any reputable lenders that offer a HELOC on multi family rentals?


    we recently worked with another lender who can do a 2nd up to 60% LTV - let me know if that would be of interest for you.

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.