• South Bend, IN
Votes |
100k to burn, best cash out strategy?

Adam Boonzaayer
  • New to Real Estate
  • South Bend, IN
Posted Jul 11 2018, 21:44

Hey all,

I have a kind of unique situation. My wife and I (we're 25 and will have no debt) are about to close on the sale of our primary and make about 100k, by a stroke of luck, and some sweat equity. Our goal in the near future is to gain financial freedom through owning rental properties (yep, we read rich dad poor dad/cashflow quadrant). We have planned to start out with buying small multi's and moving up to larger complexes, but that's where things get tricky. I have not had a w-2 job in over 2 years, and my wife will be working part time (having kids soon) after we move. I would like to buy as many small multi's (probably under 5 units as there are more available) as we can get right off the bat (i'm talking 30+ units this year), but I'd like to be able to pull cash back out to keep buying. What I have planned so far is: buy with a personal cash/hard money mix, then cash out refi. But from what I can tell i will have a hard time with a cash out refi and no w-2. we both have great credit (over 750). Will a portfolio lender be the best bet for cash out? I just came from reading 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/460...

awesome content about avoiding the seasoning period, but my takeaway was that we won't qualify individually with no jobs..  I have been a student of real estate investing for the last 5 years and really hate working to make other people money (w-2). 

Who has a strategy to make our dreams come true?

Thanks a billion

Adam

Loading replies...