Anyone worked with BHG Financial or unsecured loans?

Anyone worked with BHG Financial or unsecured loans?

Member since 2021 · 28 posts · 8 votes

So I've recently been approved for a $30,000 unsecured loan with BHG financial. I was referred to them by someone in the Bigger Pockets forum due to the fact that they don't report the loan to credit bureaus and would help me get into a BRRR property. Does anyone have any experience with BHG or an unsecured loans in general? What has been your experience if so?

My terms are as follows:

$30K loan

$647.37 monthly payment

854 month term with 12 months of required payments 

Fees: $300 documentation fee, $675 Reimbursable serving fee and $2100 Optional limited personal guaranty

Thoughts??

0Reply
91 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Northern VA · Member since 2022 · 32 posts · 15 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tamera Muniz:

    So I've recently been approved for a $30,000 unsecured loan with BHG financial. I was referred to them by someone in the Bigger Pockets forum due to the fact that they don't report the loan to credit bureaus and would help me get into a BRRR property. Does anyone have any experience with BHG or an unsecured loans in general? What has been your experience if so?

    My terms are as follows:

    $30K loan

    $647.37 monthly payment

    854 month term with 12 months of required payments 

    Fees: $300 documentation fee, $675 Reimbursable serving fee and $2100 Optional limited personal guaranty

    Thoughts??

    Following this — I’m also working with BHG but haven’t yet received terms. I don’t believe they have an early repayment fee either, correct?
  • Member since 2021 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tayo Black:
    Quote from @Tamera Muniz:

    So I've recently been approved for a $30,000 unsecured loan with BHG financial. I was referred to them by someone in the Bigger Pockets forum due to the fact that they don't report the loan to credit bureaus and would help me get into a BRRR property. Does anyone have any experience with BHG or an unsecured loans in general? What has been your experience if so?

    My terms are as follows:

    $30K loan

    $647.37 monthly payment

    854 month term with 12 months of required payments 

    Fees: $300 documentation fee, $675 Reimbursable serving fee and $2100 Optional limited personal guaranty

    Thoughts??

    Following this — I’m also working with BHG but haven’t yet received terms. I don’t believe they have an early repayment fee either, correct?

     The way that the Senior finance manager worded it was that it was a “commitment period” of however many months. So that tells me that there is a prepayment penalty of some sort depending on the terms they give you. I would make sure to clarify that once you get your terms! 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tamera Muniz:
    Quote from @Tayo Black:
    Quote from @Tamera Muniz:

    So I've recently been approved for a $30,000 unsecured loan with BHG financial. I was referred to them by someone in the Bigger Pockets forum due to the fact that they don't report the loan to credit bureaus and would help me get into a BRRR property. Does anyone have any experience with BHG or an unsecured loans in general? What has been your experience if so?

    My terms are as follows:

    $30K loan

    $647.37 monthly payment

    854 month term with 12 months of required payments 

    Fees: $300 documentation fee, $675 Reimbursable serving fee and $2100 Optional limited personal guaranty

    Thoughts??

    Following this — I’m also working with BHG but haven’t yet received terms. I don’t believe they have an early repayment fee either, correct?

     The way that the Senior finance manager worded it was that it was a “commitment period” of however many months. So that tells me that there is a prepayment penalty of some sort depending on the terms they give you. I would make sure to clarify that once you get your terms! 


    I am so skeptical of any unsecured loans that are not credit cards  ( thats what most end up being)  or a TRUE bank or credit union you actually go to in person and meet with the lender..  or the other ones I would try are the on line ones I think one is backed by one of the shark tank ladies.. My fear is you pay the up front fees and the loan never comes through.. I have personally had TRUE unsecured LOC's for going on 30 years now with multiple banks and I know how hard they are to get and that they basically are relationship based  IE  where you bank and have significant deposits..  Kind of like a Perk for their better clients.

    If you actually get funded with a true unsecured LOC  would you post an update..

    PS I get robo called all the time from these unsecured lenders promising 300k 500k etc etc.. I just dont believe it   just sayin. I think its pump and dump upfront fee scams..  :)
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.