Out of town financing

Out of town financing

Real Estate Investor · Napa, CA · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 18 votes
Looking for some help for lenders, banks at this time. Looking for out of town lending. Hitting a lot of road blocks living in CA and investing in other states Local banks are hit and miss but nervous about of of town investors and larger regional banks are too big for some of the smaller 2-10 units. Looking for some experience advise Thanks all info
0Reply
38 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2012 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hi Mick

    I live in Columbus, OH, and have started investing out of state as well (in Florida metros).

    I ran into the same problems, but eventually made progress when I started speaking with portfolio lenders in the areas in which I wanted to invest. Making cold calls to community banks will get you started, but eventually they'll almost certainly want to meet you in person, so it would be prudent to start making plans for a trip or two. Best of luck.

  • Jean BolgerPro Member
    Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    If you find a property manager in the area you are looking that has out of state clients they could be good sources of lender leads as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.