Free & Clear Condo in South Side Chicago

Free & Clear Condo in South Side Chicago

Residential Real Estate Agent · Fontana, CA · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 3 votes

Hi BP Community,

  I figured I would reach out here for some advice. My partners and I currently own a free & clear condo in the South Shore neighborhood of Chicago which is occupied at $700 a month. We are looking to borrow around 60% ($42k) of the value of the condo (current estimated value of $70k) in order to reinvest that money into our business. 

The issue we are having is finding lenders who can close quickly and who won't lean on the income of our LLC based on the past couple of years' tax returns too heavily. Because of these hurdles, conventional lending isn't an option. However, we also don't want to go to our hard money providers as we'd like to avoid paying double-digit interest as well.

  Does anyone out there know if there are options available to us, or are we going to have to bite the bullet and pull hard money on the property?

  Thank you for any and all feedback that you can provide.

0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Joseph Picarella

    Maybe you could go the route of commercial or asset based lending? 

    Try searching posts in the marketplace.

  • Investor · Riverwoods, IL · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Have you tried 1800sellnow.com ? They have cash buyers all over the country.

    Hope that helps

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Fontana, CA · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Jerry Padilla, Thank you for the advice. I will see what I can find in terms of asset based lenders.

    @Ubaldo M Gomez, I appreciate the tip, but we are looking to borrow against the condo and we aren't really interested in selling at this time. Thank you though.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.