Has anybody ever heard of this lending strategy

Has anybody ever heard of this lending strategy

Investor · Chino Hills, CA · Member since 2009 · 95 posts · 12 votes

 I don't know all the details but here's the just of what a friend of mine is telling me. I give his company a few thousand dollars a month after 4 to 6 months,  he then takes  that money  and uses it to  get a line of credit they also pay 7% on my money I am paying them and then something also about a couple years down the road  they complete some sort of deal that frees up another 20% so in essence I'm getting 10% return on my money a year and I'm getting a huge line of credit that I can use to buy good  performing  real estate. Has anybody ever heard of something like this, he also said it is a 50 year loan that can be paid off much sooner he was describing paying more every month, the extra payment after three years we can either have that money back or we can use it to pay the loan down and he was explaining the resin they do this is to keep money in the account like this because they want to make sure the loan payment can get made in order to make this a  very good performing note that they can sell if they want to. this is the just of what I understood it was about a 30 minute phone conversation lots of information was told to me  this is what I retained I want to see what you guys think and if it's worth getting together with him and hearing more about it 

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Jerry W.Pro Member
Moderator
Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
10y

I do not have enough information to know for sure, but everything about this deal screams scam to me.  There are a lot of bona fide ways to get a line of credit, but this one seems very risky to me.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    Caution... you can make 10% with the Norris group right there in LA and have a straight up investment.. this is a scheme and probably one that does not pan out.. just a guess of course.. and your explanation is anything but clear however any risk for 10% is not warranted in my mind

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    I do not have enough information to know for sure, but everything about this deal screams scam to me.  There are a lot of bona fide ways to get a line of credit, but this one seems very risky to me.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    Wow it sounds pretty complex to me. That itself  is a big red flag. If I can't understand it, there is usually a good reason. Frankly it sounds like a scam. 

    Even if it is not a scam it sound like a high risk proposition. It sounds like you are giving them unsecured, uninsured money with a promise of a future benefit. What if the company simply goes out of business or closes down? What is your recourse.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    Run Forest, run.

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Sounds like a ponzi.
  • Bay Area, CA · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Let us know how it goes! ;)

  • Old Bridge, NJ · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Sounds like a scam , stay away!!
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 354 posts · 186 votes
    10y

    Ponzi Ponzi Bo Bonzi.
    Banana Fana Mo Monzi
    Fee Fi Fo Fonzi
    Ponzi!

  • Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    You can get 10% on a note secured by real estate with a low ITV.  why do you need a credit line and why can't you get one on your own?

    Stay away from this.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.