Fund & Grow Financing

Fund & Grow Financing

Justin SheleyBusiness Member
Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 220 votes

After listening to the Clayton Morris podcast (EP115 with Mike Banks) about the company Fund & Grow, I became intrigued with the idea of using business credit cards to buy rental properties using the BRRRR method. The whole concept seemed too good to be true, so I hopped on BiggerPockets to see what people were saying about Fund & Grow. I always find great content here, and more often than not I find the answer to my question before I even need to post and ask about it. However, with Fund & Grow, I didn't find much. (If anyone knows of a discussion about Fund & Grow that I didn't find please link me to it) There are a few discussions where people were considering using Fund & Grow to finance a deal, but none that I saw that went all the way through the process and used the funds to find a deal.

That being said, I decided to start this discussion post and share my experience with the company from day 1 till I refinance and hopefully complete the BRRRR method.

For anyone not familiar with Fund & Grow, they are a company started by Ari Page that helps you establish business lines of credit for the purpose of creating working capital for small businesses. In my case, I will be using the line of credit to buy properties in Rockford, IL and rehab them into rental properties.

Phase 1:

Currently I have enrolled with Fund & Grow and completed my initial consultation. This cost $3,000 for their service of negotiating and securing the business credit cards. I spent 1 hr on the phone with a very friendly consultant and discussed my plans for the business credit and established a sole proprietorship for both my wife and I. This allows the business lines of credit to not affect my personal credit score.  The first push for business credit will begin next week, and I should have access to an anticipated 60k by the following week. My wife is not currently receiving accounts yet until a more established credit history can be created for her.  We are currently lining up several refinancing options with banks in the area so that they are aware of what we intend to do. Currently we are being told that we can refinance the properties we buy with cash after 6 months. This is key for us, because we intend to buy and hold these properties and do not want to get stuck after the initial 12 months of 0% interest expires on our business credit cards.

Phase 2 is going to be actually receiving the cash into our account and making our cash purchase. I tried for brevity sake to not go into the entire Fund & Grow concept in my initial post, but if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns I'd love to discuss them.

43Reply
9,689 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 49 votes
9y
I used a similar system to receive roughly $40,000 in credit cards at 0% for a 12 month period. The company I used took 10% upfront and then helped me liquidate everything so I had usable funds fairly quick. I was able to do a flip with the funding I received and pay back all the money before my interest free period ran out. It was expensive, but the flip more than covered everything and I was able to get in the game. I would do it all over again if I had to.
See this reply in the discussion

885 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Anderson, SC · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 40 votes
    8y

    I started the process for Fund and Grow this week and have scheduled my call for Tuesday. I will update this thread as I move forward with the process. In preparing for doing this I paid down my CC accounts to 27% but believe I have a plan for converting to cash. Since I paid down my account I assume at least one of them will send out CC checks to get me to fill them back up. If and when that happens I will short term convert the checks to cash and pay off other debt and then balance transfer that balance to the ones from Fund and Grow to remove them from my personal credit. If I receive enough on the cards I will also transfer my wifes CC balances so she will qualify for doing the program with me. If any of our multiple CC accounts offer balance transfer checks we will continue to convert to cash, pay off other debt or use to pay contractors and then balance transfer into the business cards. Seems like a viable way to get cash and slowly move things off of my personal report making it easier to qualify for financing on future properties. Again, I have just started so I will update. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    8y

    Update on my end as of right now I have $106k in credit cards and I’m the process of getting 2 more cards

  • Anderson, SC · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 40 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Maurice Colbert:

    Update on my end as of right now I have $106k in credit cards and I’m the process of getting 2 more cards

    If you don't mine me asking what were your stats prior to gaining these cards such as DTI and credit score? How long was it from the consultation to getting the first card? What have you used them for so far? I believe these can be very beneficial for a number of reasons especially if you are creative in how you utilize them for other than just swiping cards. Thanks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    8y

    my dti wasn’t high when I started, I didn’t have many credit card balances on my personal side , just one with 5k balance. First round was 60k over 4 cards. Started prices in August 2017, first card was sept 2017.

    Don’t drag your feet on anything they need. All the people I worked with have been amazing no lie, I was scared to go with them. 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Maurice Colbert:

    Update on my end as of right now I have $106k in credit cards and I’m the process of getting 2 more cards

     Bro reading your post gives me hope , damn near teared up, I literally watched you ask questions then sign up then boom you did everything and your results are amazing. Wow it's good to see you win!

    They told me I have to wait a couple of months for my cards to season and refunded my money. When I tell you that I was so hurt about that u have no idea.

    Seeing what u did Maurice keeps me pushing it really does. I wanna be signed up already

  • Anderson, SC · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 40 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Donny Aldo:
    Originally posted by @Maurice Colbert:

    Update on my end as of right now I have $106k in credit cards and I’m the process of getting 2 more cards

     Bro reading your post gives me hope , damn near teared up, I literally watched you ask questions then sign up then boom you did everything and your results are amazing. Wow it's good to see you win!

    They told me I have to wait a couple of months for my cards to season and refunded my money. When I tell you that I was so hurt about that u have no idea.

    Seeing what u did Maurice keeps me pushing it really does. I wanna be signed up already

     What cards need to be seasoned? Were they not able to get you setup? 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Rutledge:
    Originally posted by @Donny Aldo:
    Originally posted by @Maurice Colbert:

    Update on my end as of right now I have $106k in credit cards and I’m the process of getting 2 more cards

     Bro reading your post gives me hope , damn near teared up, I literally watched you ask questions then sign up then boom you did everything and your results are amazing. Wow it's good to see you win!

    They told me I have to wait a couple of months for my cards to season and refunded my money. When I tell you that I was so hurt about that u have no idea.

    Seeing what u did Maurice keeps me pushing it really does. I wanna be signed up already

     What cards need to be seasoned? Were they not able to get you setup? 

    A month before I signed up I just opened a couple of new cards 3 or 4.

    They were all personal cards so they said it was a lot of new accounts. ( remember you can't remove inquires on personal cards without the card being canceled )

    So they told me I need to wait for the best results.

  • Anderson, SC · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 40 votes
    8y
    Hey guys. I am wondering how many of you initially had applications denied and after negotiations were then approved for the same cards. I had my first round submitted today and everything is now pending. I'm a little on edge waiting to see what happens
  • Rental Property Investor · Independence, KY · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Fallowing

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 129 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    I just went through a round of funding with Ryan Fuller and he was awesome very thorough!!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Rutledge:
    Hey guys. I am wondering how many of you initially had applications denied and after negotiations were then approved for the same cards. I had my first round submitted today and everything is now pending. I'm a little on edge waiting to see what happens

     Any updates?

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Randall Kates:

    I just went through a round of funding with Ryan Fuller and he was awesome very thorough!!

    How much did you get? 

  • Anderson, SC · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 40 votes
    8y
    We are currently in negotiations with several companies and have gotten an  approval with BOA thus far.  A few companies wanted financials for the last two years of my LLC. It was created this year and one company declined since there wasn't financial documentation. I assume I will get responses beginning of next week on the others. When the BOA card arrives we will attempt to get the limit raised. So far everyone has been great.

    Originally posted by @Donny Aldo:
    Originally posted by @Daniel Rutledge:
    Hey guys. I am wondering how many of you initially had applications denied and after negotiations were then approved for the same cards. I had my first round submitted today and everything is now pending. I'm a little on edge waiting to see what happens

     Any updates?

  • Lender · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 110 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    I'm very happy with the service I received from Fund & Grow. I would not have been able to build my flipping business without them. I highly recommend them for anyone in need of short term financing. They got me over $200k in business credit cards that I was able to use toward construction costs. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Campbell, CA · Member since 2017 · 419 posts · 499 votes
    8y

    This thread makes me want to start a business converting credit cards to cash! 

    For only a 5% fee I’ll give you access to 50k lol

    Wonder if that would work...

  • Attorney · Clifton, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 328 votes
    8y

    Hi everyone,

    I wanted to jump in and let you know that I had success with Fund & Grow and am very happy with them. Me and my wife applied through them and were able to obtain over $60K in various lines of credit.

    I would highly recommend them to others, and already have!

  • Investor · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I recently applied for credit cards from Brandon Kroon who was unbelievably helpful. He was very responsive to my email questions and he knew how to get the most that I was qualified for. He gave me great advice and his customer service was excellent. I really didn't expect this kind of service, but I found that, besides Brandon, the other people that I spoke with from Fund and Grow were also excellent. Thank you Brandon and I will contact you when the next round is ready in a few months.

  • Bronx, NY · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Jason from Fund and Grow helped me get over $75,000 worth of business credit in my first round of funding. And was on top of everything, getting back to me right away and answering all my questions. Jason's commitment to successfully execute my funding in only a few weeks was impressive. Now he's going to work on bumping all that up significantly in the second round of funding. I appreciate their excellent customer service and credit coaching services. Thank you!

  • Wholesaler · Glendora, CA · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    I am very happy about my results with Fund And Grow. 

    I recently got my first round of business credit. Donna F. was able to obtain and negotiate $92K in 3 credit cards limits. They have 0% APR for balance transfers and purchases for a year or more.

    F&G also teaches you how to obtain liquid cash out of your cards, and how to remove the inquiries from my personal credit report. This way I can keep my FICO score in great shape, and ready for my 2nd and 3rd round of obtaining credit throughout the year. 

    I have compared several companies that provide this services, and I chose F&G not only for their personalized service, but also because they charge you a fixed rate for a year of rounds, regardless of how much credit they obtain for you. I found that this way I am saving big money in the cost of the program. 

    Donna is very easy to communicate with and is always available even through text. You cannot beat that!

    Thank you Fund and Grow!

    GC. from California

  • Real Estate Lender · Palm Harbor, FL · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    This company is great! My account specialist John Madison was able to secure $84,000 in unsecured 0% credit for our real estate business. Rather than paying hard money lenders, we are able to use these funds to finance our house flip repairs, and other business interests. The best thing is, its' not over yet! I highly recommend this service; definitely worth the investment.


  • Anderson, SC · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 40 votes
    8y

    Currently we are still negotiating in the first round. I have 40k in cards approved and am waiting on the rest. I look forward seeing how well they negotiate increases. I will use the initial cards to pay off a large loan to lower my dti which will allow me to refinance out of a private loan as well as pull a heloc on my primary. This should really speed up my investing and allow me to have better options aside from hard money.

  • Investor · North Bergen, NJ · Member since 2016 · 121 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    I had an absolutely great experience with Fund and Grow. John Madison able to help me acquire $33k of funding with 0% interest in just a matter of weeks. Now I'm deploying these funds into my real estate business to grow faster than ever would have been possible.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    My experience with Fund & Grow was fantastic. Jason Alonso, my account specialist, secured $37,000 in Unsecured Financing with 0% APR for 12+ Months! This was only on my first round and will update on the 2nd round soon. Keep in mind this is 12-Month process so it's better to approach it with a building mindset.

    They seem to have a well-knit culture which allows them to streamline the process. Jason answered all my questions quickly and efficiently. I would highly recommend them for anyone wanting business/funding capital!

  • Investor · CA · Member since 2017 · 91 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    Quite some  posters with positive reviews about this service only have 1 post on BP.  Could  Mark as ad.lol.   We need real and detailed experiences to help others. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Daniel Rutledge Daniel - you said you would use your cards to pay of a loan, and then get a HELOC on your primary. If you're taking out a loan via the credit cards to pay off an existing the loan, wouldn't the lender see that or question it? Or do these new cards not show on your credit?

    I saw in earlier posts that they still require a personal guarantee and still are based off your personal credit score.

    Thanks,

    Tom

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.