Recommendations for a good cash-out refinance in Philadelphia

Recommendations for a good cash-out refinance in Philadelphia

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes

I would like to do a cash-out refinance on my primary residence in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia. Looking for any recommendations for a good bank or broker in the area? I owe $177,000 on a renovated 2 bedroom home worth at least $255,000. I would like to use the funds to make it a airbnb, and buy a house hack to live in.

0Reply
21 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Yardley, PA · Member since 2015 · 451 posts · 307 votes
    7y

    @Charles Prem - I’ll PM you someone

  • Specialist · Atlantic City, NJ · Member since 2013 · 431 posts · 170 votes
    7y

    @Charles Prem we used TD bank and expected the same range on the appraisal (800sq ft 2 bed fishtown). Well it didn't come in that high. if it comes in at 255k you would be able to pull 25kish and have to pay all those closing costs. For us it was worth it because we eliminated PMI and didn't owe as much. Maybe a second mortgage?

    Does Airbnb do well in Fishtown?  From looking online it didn't seem that great vs a yearly rental 

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 364 posts · 109 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Charles Prem:

    I would like to do a cash-out refinance on my primary residence in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia. Looking for any recommendations for a good bank or broker in the area? I owe $177,000 on a renovated 2 bedroom home worth at least $255,000. I would like to use the funds to make it a airbnb, and buy a house hack to live in.

    How good is your mortgage rate now? We got 3.6 on our primary residence that is why refinancing made no scene for us since the rates are higher now. That's why we decided to go with a HELOC with fixed rate of 3.99, 3 year draw period and 10 years amortization. No closing costs.

  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Charles Prem Bigger Pockets does have state specific forums too.  Feel free to post this in the Pennsylvania forum if you need some more local voices to weigh in.  Sounds like you have some good suggestions already but just a thought.  Good luck!

  • Lender · Augusta, ME · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    @Charles

    Have you considered doing an equity loan as opposed to refinancing the entire loan? Much lower closing costs so you can keep more of your money. Especially if your rate on the existing 1st Mtg is decent.

  • PHILADELPHIA, PA · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    Originally posted by @Mike B.:

    @Charles Prem - I’ll PM you someone

     can you also send me some cashout refi banks. thanks in advance

  • Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Hey @Charles Prem what did you end up doing? I'm interested in doing a cash-out refi on my home in West Kensington at some point this year so I'm curious what your experience was like.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.