Tax Professional/CPA in Charleston, SC

Tax Professional/CPA in Charleston, SC

Hilary HarrisonPro Member
New to Real Estate · North Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 7 votes

Hey Charleston locals!

I am looking for a tax professional in the Charleston, SC area to help me with my taxes and work with me throughout the year. Does anyone here happen to have a good recommendation? I am looking for someone who specializes in real estate and has familiarity with cost segregation. I have always completed my own taxes, but I think I'd benefit from a real tax professional's help.

Thank you!

2Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Daniel HymanBusiness Member
    CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Cost seg has some unique nuances. It would be good to speak that out with a few CPA's and see who you connect with. 

    Most of the CPA's on BP are focused on 2021 tax compliance, but reach out to some and see who can be available for tax planning as well. Most of us work in all states.

    My Online Accountant572 Reviews
  • Troy GandeeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 794 posts · 454 votes
    4y

    @Hilary Harrison A lot of us use Justin Welch with AccountFin. He's local and prefers helping RE entrepreneurs. He's just super booked up now. I don't think he's taking any new clients at the moment, but I believe he wants to expand next year. He's awesome and understands what we're doing.

  • Hilary HarrisonPro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate · North Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Thank you, Daniel and Troy for your responses! I appreciate it. 

    I was really hoping to start a relationship with a local tax professional, so thank you for the referral, Troy! I'll reach out to AccountFin, but expect that Justin likely won't have availability until next year.

    Thank you!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.