Live-in flip with Short term rental income

Live-in flip with Short term rental income

Investor · Palm Beach County, FL · Member since 2019 · 370 posts · 330 votes

Here's the situation: (this is hypothetical)

-Bought a house and used it as a primary residence for over two years

-Rented the house out through airbnb in the summers while we were traveling

-Would love to take advantage of not paying capital gains taxes when selling the property (live in flip)

-Not sure how the STR income will affect that

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Member since 2022 · 196 posts · 125 votes
    3y

    I could be wrong, in fact I often am but I believe you only need to pay capgains if you dispo the asset within 12 months of purchasing it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.