Investor · Livingston, NJ · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hello,
I am currently working with a Seller on a Purchase contract of a Vacant property that I plan to wholesale. I am looking for a good lawyer in the Northern NJ area who is aware of Wholesaling and has worked on real-estate Contracts.
My current situation: The Seller's attorney has red-lined my initial contract and I need someone who can read through the red-lines and provide advice and additional clauses (if needed). When I look at the red-lines, they appear fairly straightforward that a knowledgeable lawyer should be able to address in an hour or so (I do many contract reviews in my professional work so I know how much time it should take). However, the lawyer I am working with is saying he has no idea how long the red-lines will take to review and has has asked for a $1500 retainer. I'm ok paying for the service, but am concerned when a lawyer says he doesn't know how long it will take to review redlines!!
Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
10y
Why don't you copy the contract, black out the guilty names and address and post it to ask your questions? We have several lawyers on BP, can't be that hard. :)