Looking for Real Estate CPA in Vermont

Looking for Real Estate CPA in Vermont

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 2 votes

Hi. I'm a newbie that needs a CPA in Vermont, preferably one that has some insight and expertise into Real estate. Most likely, I will be purchasing investment properties out of state. My taxes have always been pretty simple to this point, but I need some professional advice as I start purchasing properties while keeping an eye on tax implications for my family of four (two kids under 4). I've always used turbo tax or H and R Block to this point and never had a tax advisor before. All set on the 401k and stock side of financial planning. Or, if anyone has any CPAs that are simply top notch that do remote work, that may be helpful as well. Thanks for your input:)

1Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Martin Silverstrim

    Are you open to working with an accountant outside of Vermont? You open yourself to more options of qualified accountants if you do so. There are many qualified accountants on this message board who specialize in real estate taxation that may be able to serve you.

    Since you previously done your taxes using HR Block/Turbo Tax - the accountant you choose should first look at the previously filed returns to make sure they were done accurately. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Basit Siddiqi Thanks. I'm not opposed to doing things remotely. Is it worth considering recommendations through whatever property management company I use, or, if I do end up going the turnkey route, see who they recommend. Overall, I think I need someone who knows his/her way around real estate tax law with an eye on what the growing newbie needs in order to not get slammed on taxes initially.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.