Real Estate professional logbook example

Real Estate professional logbook example

Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 165 votes

Hey BP - does anyone mind sharing an example of their real estate professional logbook? Would love to see an example of some real life qualifying activities and what you're including.

7Reply
2,549 views

Most Popular Reply

Sean O'KeefePro Member
CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
2y

@James E. @Clive Smith I have a sample log in format that follows the IRS Audit Techniques Guides (ATGs). Let me know if you'd like a copy. 

See this reply in the discussion

373 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shantanu R.Pro Member
    Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
    Quote from @Peter Mazzoli:

    @Sean O'Keefe can I also get a copy?

    Sure, just sent!

     @Sean O'Keefe, can I also get a copy?

  • Sean O'KeefePro Member
    CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Shantanu R.:
    Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
    Quote from @Peter Mazzoli:

    @Sean O'Keefe can I also get a copy?

    Sure, just sent!

     @Sean O'Keefe, can I also get a copy?

    Yep, you got it!
  • Glen GiaquintoPro Member
    Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Can you send me a copy also? Thanks.

  • Sean O'KeefePro Member
    CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Glen Giaquinto:

    Can you send me a copy also? Thanks.

    Yes, will send you a copy today. 
  • Drew MirePro Member
    Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:

    @James E. @Clive Smith I have a sample log in format that follows the IRS Audit Techniques Guides (ATGs). Let me know if you'd like a copy. 

     @Sean O'Keefe can I get a copy of this logbook?

  • Sean O'KeefePro Member
    CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Drew Mire:
    Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:

    @James E. @Clive Smith I have a sample log in format that follows the IRS Audit Techniques Guides (ATGs). Let me know if you'd like a copy. 

     @Sean O'Keefe can I get a copy of this logbook?

    Hey Drew, sure happy to help. 
  • Sean O'KeefePro Member
    CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Estela Legaspy:

    @Sean O'Keefe may also get the copy ? Thank you.  

    Sure, will send!
  • Jennifer UllmanPro Member
    NJ · Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @James E.:

    Hey BP - does anyone mind sharing an example of their real estate professional logbook? Would love to see an example of some real life qualifying activities and what you're including.

    may i get a copy too


  • Sean O'KeefePro Member
    CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jennifer Ullman:
    Quote from @James E.:

    Hey BP - does anyone mind sharing an example of their real estate professional logbook? Would love to see an example of some real life qualifying activities and what you're including.

    may i get a copy too


    Jennifer, no problem. Happy to provide!
  • Dean FischerPro Member
    Naples, FL · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
    Quote from @Peter Mazzoli:

    @Sean O'Keefe can I also get a copy?

    Sure, just sent!

     Request a copy of the logbook.  


    thank you


  • Sean O'KeefePro Member
    CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Dean Fischer:
    Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
    Quote from @Peter Mazzoli:

    @Sean O'Keefe can I also get a copy?

    Sure, just sent!

     Request a copy of the logbook.  


    thank you


    Sure, will send you a copy!
  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    Hi Sean, could you also send the logbook example to me?

  • Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    I would love to get a copy as well.

  • Mike ChungPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    @Sean O'Keefe May I have a copy of the logbook as well? Much appreciated.

  • Real Estate Professional · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    @Sean O'Keefe: g'day! If you have a sample log for tracking REP hours that you can share, I would greatly appreciate it. I understand your template follows the IRS ATGs, which sounds helpful. Thank you, sir! 

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Daniel Gonzalez:

      @Sean O'Keefe: g'day! If you have a sample log for tracking REP hours that you can share, I would greatly appreciate it. I understand your template follows the IRS ATGs, which sounds helpful. Thank you, sir! 

      That's correct, it follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide. 

      Sure, will send you a copy. 
  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Hi Sean,

    I know it has been a while since this was posted, but do you have a copy I can get? Thanks in advance!

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Renee Bliznyakova:

      Hi Sean,

      I know it has been a while since this was posted, but do you have a copy I can get? Thanks in advance!

      Happy to send you a copy of the material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)
  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Hi Sean, do you need anything from me to receive a copy?

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    Hi @Sean O'Keefe

    Please send me a copy as well. Thanks in advance!

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Bing Gin:

      Hi @Sean O'Keefe

      Please send me a copy as well. Thanks in advance!

      Sure, I just sent you the sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)
  • Realtor · Redondo beach, CA · Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    @Sean O'Keefe Can I get a copy as well. Thank you!

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @James Naito:

      @Sean O'Keefe Can I get a copy as well. Thank you!

      Sure, I just sent you the sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)
  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    @Sean O'Keefe Can you please share me the sample log sheet as well? 

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @D. McNabb:

      @Sean O'Keefe Can you please share me the sample log sheet as well? 

      Sure, I just sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)

  • Daniel RudioPro Member
    Investor · Collingswood, NJ · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    @Sean O'Keefe Hi Sean. Would you mind sending me a copy as well? Thank you.

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Daniel Rudio:

      @Sean O'Keefe Hi Sean. Would you mind sending me a copy as well? Thank you.

      No worries, just sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Hi Sean, Could I please have a copy of your spreadsheet, too? Thank you!

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Amy Tang:

      Hi Sean, Could I please have a copy of your spreadsheet, too? Thank you!

      Sure, I just sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)
  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y
  • Investor · Atlanta · Member since 2019 · 522 posts · 88 votes
    1y

    @Sean O'Keefe 

    Could you please send me a copy of the logbook? Thanks in advance

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Gp G.:

      @Sean O'Keefe 

      Could you please send me a copy of the logbook? Thanks in advance

      No worries, I just sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)
  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    @Sean O'Keefe I’d love to get a copy too? Thanks! 

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Nick Houshower:

      @Sean O'Keefe I’d love to get a copy too? Thanks! 

      No worries, sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)
    • New to Real Estate · Dallas- · Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 6 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
      Quote from @Nick Houshower:

      @Sean O'Keefe I’d love to get a copy too? Thanks! 

      No worries, sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)

       Hello Sean,

      Can i also get a copy please?

      Thank you.

    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Dhiren Ahir:
      Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
      Quote from @Nick Houshower:

      @Sean O'Keefe I’d love to get a copy too? Thanks! 

      No worries, sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)

       Hello Sean,

      Can i also get a copy please?

      Thank you.

      Sure, will send!
    • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
      Quote from @Dhiren Ahir:
      Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
      Quote from @Nick Houshower:

      @Sean O'Keefe I’d love to get a copy too? Thanks! 

      No worries, sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)

       Hello Sean,

      Can i also get a copy please?

      Thank you.

      Sure, will send!
      Hey Sean, I’d love a copy as well please!
    • Sean O'KeefePro Member
      CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jared Elmore:
      Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
      Quote from @Dhiren Ahir:
      Quote from @Sean O'Keefe:
      Quote from @Nick Houshower:

      @Sean O'Keefe I’d love to get a copy too? Thanks! 

      No worries, sent you sample material participation activity tracker / REPS Log that follows the guidance suggested in IRS Audit Techniques Guide (ATG)

       Hello Sean,

      Can i also get a copy please?

      Thank you.

      Sure, will send!
      Hey Sean, I’d love a copy as well please!
      No problem. Sure, will send 👍
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.