I am looking for an experienced Tax Accountant in Oregon

I am looking for an experienced Tax Accountant in Oregon

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

I live in Eastern Oregon, my wife and I started in the real estate investing business two years ago. We sold our first flip in July. We have been holding two other properties. I need to know the best route to take for taxes. If there is anyone from Oregon on here that might make a recommendation, I would appreciate it.

0Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Pendleton, OR · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
4y

Hi Christopher,

Did you ever find anyone? I'm also in Eastern Oregon looking for a CPA and tax strategist.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    5y

    Christopher, 

    Are you open to working with your accountant remotely? I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

    I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

    Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Ahad AliPro Member
    CPA/Investor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2018 · 236 posts · 45 votes
    5y

    Sometimes you can find someone out of state who you can work remotely and have experience in that particular field that you're looking for.

  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @Christopher Scott Fischer

    It sounds like you have a mixtures of flips and long-term rentals. You want to make sure to work with a CPA who understands how flips and long-term rentals are treated for tax purposes.

    You may want to search for a CPA either by attending a local REIA or asking for recommendations here on biggerpockets. good luck in your search!

  • Investor · Pendleton, OR · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y

    Hi Christopher,

    Did you ever find anyone? I'm also in Eastern Oregon looking for a CPA and tax strategist.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 123 posts · 71 votes
    4y

    Yes - I use Troy Reichlein, CPA. He's out of Lake Oswego, licensed in Oregon. www.Reichleincpa.com.

    503-653-9592

    Good luck.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.