Cleveland Property Management

Cleveland Property Management

Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 12 votes

Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

Thanks!

Julie 

11Reply
532 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

Thanks!

Julie 


 I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 

See this reply in the discussion

102 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 227 posts · 133 votes
    3y
    It's definitely tough to find a solid PM in this market.  I've worked for a lot of them in this area and they're all pretty much the same, varying from terrible to How the F### are you even in business?  I'd be happy to give you my recommendations for some companies to definitely stay away from, and one that I've been referring my clients to, that seem to be happy with their service.  Best of luck!
  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    I’d love any insight. I’ll even take mediocre at this point! 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 

  • Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2022 · 80 posts · 48 votes
    3y

    Hi Julie, sorry to hear about your situation. Check your inbox that might be helpful.

  • Melanie ThomasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · San Antonio · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    3y

    Hi Julie, it really is tough to find a good partner. Check the NARPM website. I searched Cleveland, OH and got the following PM's. Hope this helps, happy to chat. Good luck & happy investing!

    Search for a Property Manager - National Association of Residential Property Managers (narpm.org)

    RentWerx Property Management4.73304 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    I have a property in Cleveland under contract currently and will also need a property manager. If you get any good referrals please let me know.

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     Im in the same boat as julie...any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bill Kim:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     Im in the same boat as julie...any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.


     I know them all, happy to help 

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Bill Kim:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     Im in the same boat as julie...any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.


     I know them all, happy to help 


     Thank you, just PMd

  • Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    I'm in the same boat... I am on my second in 2 months.  Everything you described Julie, I've been through in these past two months.  Any suggestions you have, I'd appreciate.  

  • Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    this is a great discussion. Can someone please provide few names since I will be investing in that Market soon?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all as I have done 100s and 100s of deals out there. happy to recommend, 

  • Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    @Julie Mistretta

    Hi Julie. Have you had any success in locating a PM?

  • Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    I’d be interested 

    I’d be interested 

    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all as I have done 100s and 100s of deals out there. happy to recommend, 

  • Jack KrusinskiBusiness Member
    Realtor · Cleveland/Akron OH · Member since 2019 · 147 posts · 93 votes
    3y

    Hi Julie,

    I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having with property management in Cleveland. I understand how challenging and frustrating it can be to deal with unreliable property management, especially when you see the potential in your property. Check your inbox! I sent a few over to you.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andres Ortiz:
    I’d be interested 

    I’d be interested 

    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all as I have done 100s and 100s of deals out there. happy to recommend, 


     More than happy to recommend. 1 year is ridiculous. 

  • Melanie ThomasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · San Antonio · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    3y

    David Terbeek is a good one, hes with RE/MAX Haven Property Management.

    https://remaxhavenrealty.prope...

    RentWerx Property Management4.73304 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando FL /Cleveland OH/Detroit MI · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


    Welcome to the club! Finding a reliable Pm is going in Cleveland is going to be a challenge. I personally now fly to Cleveland just to go the local REIA meeting to find a rock star Pm. From what I can as you will notice asking on this forum is pointless for Cleveland Oh. Most Pm's are subpar.
  • Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    You will only find property managers that can fog a mirror on the west side of Cleveland and nowhere else.  We went through three management companies that literally did nothing so far. 

    ***Fake mortgages are being filed against properties in Cleveland and they are targeting out of state investors.

    Our signature was forged as the "borrower" and the notary notarized the signature of the supposed lender-for $98,000. We were getting ready to close with an end buyer, but now we can't sell because of a fake mortgage that we are forced to legally remove with due process at our expense. How many people of thousands to throw at attorneys to defend property rights?

    Cuyahoga County said they just record. Notary says they just notarize. Neither the county recorder or the notary reviews documents for validity or enforcement, they said.

    We found out about the fake mortgage when reviewing title work in preparation of closing with an end buyer. No notice was sent to our office or any addresses for our LLC that owns the property. It's possible notice of the fake mortgage recording was just sent to the property and the tenants brushed it aside because it wasn't addressed to them.

    Financial Crimes Unit for Cleveland has had the report for almost two months and the case has yet to even be assigned. They do not return phone calls and we aren't even sure they exist.

    We have almost $3,000 into attorney fees so far and Cuyahoga County has blocked the emergency hearing so that we can all get on a call and kindly ask the fraudulent lien filer, Garrett Neal of San Diego (dba Neal Aviation), to please remove the mortgage lien. What a joke.

    Garrett Neal filed the fake mortgage under an LLC, which was formed in Wyoming May 15th. The fake mortgage was filed under the LLC as the supposed lender earlier May 15th-before the company was even formed. The notary notarized the signature for fake lender LLC with no signing authority, resolutions....because the company didn't exist yet. The notary is in NJ and his name is Bipin Sabharwal. Bipin provided his log showing that the person signing started to sign my name, then crossed it out and signed as Garrett Neal. No red flags here???

    We found Garrett Neal and called him and left a voice message. The returned phone call was a phone number associated with Neal Aviation out of San Diego and to that of Garrett Neal.

    Garrett states that someone owes him money and he trying to get to the bottom of it, so he filed a fake mortgage, forged signatures and is now refusing to release it. We even explained that we had nothing to do with any loans or debts associated with him.

    We found several other fake LLCs of Garrett's set up around the same time with names like Adios LLC, Adios G LLC, Adious LLC and similar names filed in Wyoming and Florida. The organizer information was left off of the other LLCs leaving other property owners to fight a ghost with additional fraudulent mortgages filed, it seems.

    Garrett Neal is also a pilot listed on FAA website. Sounds like there are several unhappy customers of Neal Aviation (Garrett Neal is the owner of the company on record) for being sold bad parts and they're burning suppliers with hot checks for parts for privately owned aircraft (in their more recent business reviews).

    I've been a real estate investor for almost twenty years and I never thought this was even possible, but here we are. Other investors may have seen a quitclaim deed filed where there were no mortgages or liens.

    If we drafted a release and had it notarized and recorded, we'd be facing felonies for fraud.

  • Investor · Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    @David Leggett

    @Bob S.

    @Carla Kordab

    @Jack Krusinski

    @Erik E.

    I'd be interested in recommendations for reliable PMs and those to avoid. I would appreciate your recommendations DM'd to me.

  • Rob D.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 67 posts · 33 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     Can you please post your recommendations publicly?  If no, why not?

  • Rob D.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 67 posts · 33 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Erik E.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


    Welcome to the club! Finding a reliable Pm is going in Cleveland is going to be a challenge. I personally now fly to Cleveland just to go the local REIA meeting to find a rock star Pm. From what I can as you will notice asking on this forum is pointless for Cleveland Oh. Most Pm's are subpar.

     So did you find one?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Rob D.:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     Can you please post your recommendations publicly?  If no, why not?


    against BP rules, 

    All the best 

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hi Julie.  I’m almost in the same exact situation as you.  I’ve had 2 horrible PM’s in the past 4 years in Cleveland.  Did you happen to find a good one yet?  If so I’d like to know more.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.