Cleveland Property Management

Cleveland Property Management

Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 12 votes

Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

Thanks!

Julie 

11Reply
520 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

Thanks!

Julie 


 I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 

See this reply in the discussion

102 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Hi Julie, I just switched to a new company this month, so I'm still in the evaluation stage.  I left ReMax/Haven due to the poor service and high charges.  They also don't allow any phone correspondence.  You can't speak to a live person, even if you want to.  It's just really ridiculous.

  • New to Real Estate · Long Island, NY · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Matthew Ferreira:

    Hi Julie, I just switched to a new company this month, so I'm still in the evaluation stage.  I left ReMax/Haven due to the poor service and high charges.  They also don't allow any phone correspondence.  You can't speak to a live person, even if you want to.  It's just really ridiculous.


     HI Matthew, do you mind PMing me which one you changed to? thank you! 

  • Rob D.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 67 posts · 33 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Matthew Ferreira:

    Hi Julie, I just switched to a new company this month, so I'm still in the evaluation stage.  I left ReMax/Haven due to the poor service and high charges.  They also don't allow any phone correspondence.  You can't speak to a live person, even if you want to.  It's just really ridiculous.


    Curious which pm you moved to. Lots seem to recommend haven, so this definitely gives me pause. I’m also not a fan of those on here saying they know them all and then they recommend one only to learn they have a business interest in the one they recommend.  

  • Investor · Northern Virginia · Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @David Leggett:
    It's definitely tough to find a solid PM in this market.  I've worked for a lot of them in this area and they're all pretty much the same, varying from terrible to How the F### are you even in business?  I'd be happy to give you my recommendations for some companies to definitely stay away from, and one that I've been referring my clients to, that seem to be happy with their service.  Best of luck!

     Dave can you give me your recommended PMs please?

  • Matthew WeaverPro Member
    Investor · Edinboro, PA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all as I have done 100s and 100s of deals out there. happy to recommend, 


     Hey Bob,

    Im looking for a PM for Woodhill Homes and 44105 area. Do you mind sending me any ideas that'll serve those locations? 

  • Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 96 posts · 74 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Matthew Weaver:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all as I have done 100s and 100s of deals out there. happy to recommend, 


     Hey Bob,

    Im looking for a PM for Woodhill Homes and 44105 area. Do you mind sending me any ideas that'll serve those locations? 

    HI Matthew, please check your inbox.

  • Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 

    Hi Bob- I am new investor to the cleveland market . Can you please DM me your thought /recommendations on property managers 
  • Investor · Malden, MA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 14 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     I could use some recommendations as well. I am going to start investing in Cleveland market soon!

  • Rental Property Investor · Japan · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Bill Kim:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     Im in the same boat as julie...any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.


     I know them all, happy to help 


     Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge, I PM'd you!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Richard Moreno:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     I could use some recommendations as well. I am going to start investing in Cleveland market soon!


     When you are ready feel free to reach out, 

    Good luck 

  • Jessica LarsonBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 108 posts · 96 votes
    2y

    Hi Julie, as you have seen, a property management company can make or break an investment. There is endless potential in the Cleveland market IF you have a good team. There are truly some fantastic top agents and PM's in Cleveland that can lead you to a successful portfolio/investment- I have seen the success. I would be happy to connect and share more about the Cleveland market and who to trust as there are many contractors, PM's, and agents who will waste your time.

    Haven Group Property Management11 Review
  • New to Real Estate · Long Island, NY · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    2y
    Quote from @David Leggett:
    It's definitely tough to find a solid PM in this market.  I've worked for a lot of them in this area and they're all pretty much the same, varying from terrible to How the F### are you even in business?  I'd be happy to give you my recommendations for some companies to definitely stay away from, and one that I've been referring my clients to, that seem to be happy with their service.  Best of luck!

     Hi David, can you please share with. Im in search of a PM as well. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mavely Pazmino:
    Quote from @David Leggett:
    It's definitely tough to find a solid PM in this market.  I've worked for a lot of them in this area and they're all pretty much the same, varying from terrible to How the F### are you even in business?  I'd be happy to give you my recommendations for some companies to definitely stay away from, and one that I've been referring my clients to, that seem to be happy with their service.  Best of luck!

     Hi David, can you please share with. Im in search of a PM as well. 


     I have provided you with the best, IMO. I know them all, 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Zachery Hitchcox:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Bill Kim:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     Im in the same boat as julie...any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.


     I know them all, happy to help 


     Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge, I PM'd you!


     Nothing I am not aware of in all of Cleveland, happy to help anytime 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Richard Moreno:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Julie Mistretta:

    Hi! Looking for some advice from fellow investors in Cleveland. 

    I have been having a hard time over the last 2 years finding a decent property manager. My previous property management kept inaccurate books, was unreliable with owner draw, and placed an unqualified tenant that has taken me a year + to get evicted (still an ongoing process). I finally switched to a new company in Jan 2023. Im getting several red flags, poor communication, took 3 weeks to post a 3 day eviction and then another 4 weeks to file paperwork with the court. I am paying for landscaping services and my long term tenant was reached out to me to let me know the PM has never been to the property for landscaping etc, etc... 

    Cleveland has been a rough go for us in terms of finding good help; but I still believe in the potential of this property. I have feelers out on Realty Now and Cleveland Property Management group as potential new PMs. 

    Any suggestions of reliable PM in the area? Duplex is located in the Euclid area. 

    Thanks!

    Julie 


     I know them all. I am aware of who to stay away from as well. I have extensive experience out there doing about 500 deals over 10 years. Nothing I do not know about the Cleveland markets,  Happy to recommend. 


     I could use some recommendations as well. I am going to start investing in Cleveland market soon!


     When you close , feel free to reach out, I have extensive experience there 

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Hi,

    I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I had a responsive property manager a year ago, but he sold his business to a national chain, and after some internal turnover I've been assigned a PM that doesn't answer emails. I have a fairly nice building in Shaker Heights and I'm struggling with months and months of vacancy. Looking for recommendations. thanks!

  • Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2022 · 80 posts · 48 votes
    2y

    @Matthew Richen PM me so I can recommend the PM I found good for my clients. Thanks.

  • New to Real Estate · Long Island, NY · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jack Krusinski:

    Hi Julie,

    I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having with property management in Cleveland. I understand how challenging and frustrating it can be to deal with unreliable property management, especially when you see the potential in your property. Check your inbox! I sent a few over to you.

    Can you please also share with me? 
  • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jamal Alston:

    I have a property in Cleveland under contract currently and will also need a property manager. If you get any good referrals please let me know.

    Hey Jamal, I am in the same situation as you. Did you have any luck? 
  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    Hi @Bob S. 

    Could you help recommending good PMs in Cleveland area? I am planning to buy a rental duplex in Jefferson and one of the PMs I spoke to has a list of fees which I don’t think it is reasonable. I am an OOS and need a good reliable PM in the area where I can communicate easily without too many fees for every items..

    thank you!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 255 posts · 248 votes
    2y

    @Jonah Harper @Mavely Pazmino @Jin Mook Choi you guys seem to be in the same boat. Give me a shout, happy to talk pricing and how we streamline management of multi-hundreds of units in Cleveland.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jin Mook Choi:

    Hi @Bob S. 

    Could you help recommending good PMs in Cleveland area? I am planning to buy a rental duplex in Jefferson and one of the PMs I spoke to has a list of fees which I don’t think it is reasonable. I am an OOS and need a good reliable PM in the area where I can communicate easily without too many fees for every items..

    thank you!


     Hi well you are the 1st to mention Jefferson. why there ? 

  • Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 96 posts · 74 votes
    2y

    Hi @Jin Mook Choi, check your inbox to connect for seamless property management services. Thanks

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    @David Leggett

    @Bob S.

    @Carla Kordab

    @Jack Krusinski

    @Erik E.

    I'd be interested in recommendations for reliable PMs and those to avoid. I would appreciate your recommendations DM'd to me.

  • Member since 2024 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @David Leggett:
    It's definitely tough to find a solid PM in this market.  I've worked for a lot of them in this area and they're all pretty much the same, varying from terrible to How the F### are you even in business?  I'd be happy to give you my recommendations for some companies to definitely stay away from, and one that I've been referring my clients to, that seem to be happy with their service.  Best of luck!

     
    I am in the same boat. Any suggestions of reliable PM in Cleveland area? Please 

    Thanks!

    Karen

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.