Looking for local realtor in Columbus, Ohio

Columbus, OhioWantProfessionalsAgent
Classifieds

Looking for local realtor in Columbus, Ohio

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2022 · 40 posts · 38 votes

Hello!

I currently reside in Massachusetts and would like to look into RE opportunities in Columbus, Ohio. I’ve done my own research on the area, but would like to get a better perspective from a local real estate agent in the area who has more knowledge about the current RE market, better neighborhoods to invest in, and preferably someone who has worked with out of state real estate investors and buyers.

Thank you!


5Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Patrick DruryBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y

@Bianca Rodrigues
Feel free to reach out if you need any help in the Columbus market 

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Patrick DruryBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    @Bianca Rodrigues
    Feel free to reach out if you need any help in the Columbus market 

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bianca Rodrigues:

    Hello!

    I currently reside in Massachusetts and would like to look into RE opportunities in Columbus, Ohio. I’ve done my own research on the area, but would like to get a better perspective from a local real estate agent in the area who has more knowledge about the current RE market, better neighborhoods to invest in, and preferably someone who has worked with out of state real estate investors and buyers.

    Thank you!



    Columbus, Ohio is a great market to pick up rental properties because of the lower home prices and demand from renters. JPMorgan Chase, Nationwide, Honda, L Brands, Huntington, and Amazon are just a few of the many companies that have thousands of jobs in the city.

    New Albany is home to several major data centers including ones operated by Amazon, Google and Facebook, whose parent company, Meta, announced plans in the spring to expand its New Albany campus.

    Happy to connect to discuss more!
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bianca Rodrigues:

    Hello!

    I currently reside in Massachusetts and would like to look into RE opportunities in Columbus, Ohio. I’ve done my own research on the area, but would like to get a better perspective from a local real estate agent in the area who has more knowledge about the current RE market, better neighborhoods to invest in, and preferably someone who has worked with out of state real estate investors and buyers.

    Thank you!



     what types of properties are you looking at in central ohio and would you say Class A, B, or C is more of your type of investment? Welcome!

  • Realtor · Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2022 · 849 posts · 830 votes
    3y

    Happy to send vendor referrals or chat about the market!

  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bianca Rodrigues:

    Hello!

    I currently reside in Massachusetts and would like to look into RE opportunities in Columbus, Ohio. I’ve done my own research on the area, but would like to get a better perspective from a local real estate agent in the area who has more knowledge about the current RE market, better neighborhoods to invest in, and preferably someone who has worked with out of state real estate investors and buyers.

    Thank you!



     Happy to share over a neighborhood grade map based on investment metrics that can help to make your decisions. Buying in nicer A/B class areas is near impossible to cash flow now but B-/C+, C, and C- areas you can find some decent cash flow. What types of properties are you looking to invest in?

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bianca Rodrigues:

    Hello!

    I currently reside in Massachusetts and would like to look into RE opportunities in Columbus, Ohio. I’ve done my own research on the area, but would like to get a better perspective from a local real estate agent in the area who has more knowledge about the current RE market, better neighborhoods to invest in, and preferably someone who has worked with out of state real estate investors and buyers.

    Thank you!



    Hey Bianca, the Columbus market is great place to invest for both appreciation and cashflow. I recommend investing near economic bases near downtown and surrounding areas. Most of my clients look into areas like Old North, Old Town East/King Lincoln Bronze Ville, Merion Village, Driving Park, North Linden, Hungarian Village, Bexley, and North Hilltop.

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bianca Rodrigues:

    Hello!

    I currently reside in Massachusetts and would like to look into RE opportunities in Columbus, Ohio. I’ve done my own research on the area, but would like to get a better perspective from a local real estate agent in the area who has more knowledge about the current RE market, better neighborhoods to invest in, and preferably someone who has worked with out of state real estate investors and buyers.

    Thank you!


    Hi Bianca, I personally love Columbus Ohio and as someone who works with a lot of out of state investors - there's so many catalysts for why you should invest here. Specifically, there's job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide, etc) and the population is growing (unlike Cleveland or Cincy). I really see Columbus Ohio as an extremely safe bet for the next 10-20 years. Plus, there's still so many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here in Columbus Ohio. As a local investor and agent here in Columbus, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect!

  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    I have a handful of properties here in Columbus and mostly work with OOS investors. I would be happy to share my experiences with what has worked overall vs what hasn't. Realistically it comes down to how good of a team you put together is. Best of luck! @Bianca Rodrigues

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bianca Rodrigues:

    Hello!

    I currently reside in Massachusetts and would like to look into RE opportunities in Columbus, Ohio. I’ve done my own research on the area, but would like to get a better perspective from a local real estate agent in the area who has more knowledge about the current RE market, better neighborhoods to invest in, and preferably someone who has worked with out of state real estate investors and buyers.

    Thank you!



     Bianca! I'd recommend hopping on 30 minute calls with a few agents in the market. look at the tremendous response you've gotten just from your first post! I'd start there. I'd be happy to connect. I'm a general contractor and agent in our market and have 10+ years of experience with out of state investors and biggerpockets. just check out when I joined :) 

  • Jim TurpinPro Member
    Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    Hi Bianca - We are in North Carolina and own a long term rental in Columbus, OH. I can recommend without reservation Myers Realty. They helped us with the purchase and also handle the property management. They have been around for many years and are still family owned and operated. If purchasing a long term rental in Columbus is your objective, this is definitely a good firm to consider.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jim Turpin:

    Hi Bianca - We are in North Carolina and own a long term rental in Columbus, OH. I can recommend without reservation Myers Realty. They helped us with the purchase and also handle the property management. They have been around for many years and are still family owned and operated. If purchasing a long term rental in Columbus is your objective, this is definitely a good firm to consider.


     Just my 2 cents on Myers realty property management. They typically are very selective in the areas that they work (mostly higher end markets not C or D). There are property management companies that work in lower end cash flow markets in Columbus that tend to understand tenant screening and placement and section 8 better than Myers would. I recommend finding a property manager who already works with the toughest tenants and worst circumstances (i.e. wait till your first tenant turnover). You can interview Myers but in my experience if you go to their website you'll see their average property value, rents, etc are located in Grandview, Ohio State University Campus Area, Obetz, Worthington, etc. These are A and B markets. I could be wrong but I don't see them managing properties in areas like hilltop (43204), linden (south and north 43211 / 43224), Lincoln Village (43228), or areas like that that first time investors are flocking towards. Even south side like 43207 might be a push for them. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.