First time hiring a CPA in Chicago Recommendedations

Chicago, IllinoisWantProfessionalsAccountant/CPA
Classifieds

First time hiring a CPA in Chicago Recommendedations

Chicago · Member since 2021 · 12 posts · 13 votes

Does anyone have any referrals for a cpa in Chicago? I have 2 multitasking properties in Chicago and still live in the one. I am planning to buy another property next year. I have always done my own taxes but now I feel that I am leaving money on the table by being to careful. Any suggestions?

4Reply
17 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Sounds like you are house-hacking one property which does have its own set of complicated rules.

  • Lender · Chicago IL · Member since 2020 · 357 posts · 229 votes
    2y

    I have been working with my CPA for about 3 years now. I'd love to make an introduction for you. It's worth speaking with him to see if you're a good fit for one another. Please feel free to DM me for contact info. BP won't allow recommendations here in the threads. :)

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    Hi @Michael Pienkowski - I've got the most amazing CPA and bookkeeper....they are definitely worth connecting with.  My CPA is here local to Chicago and is a big-picture thinker.  My bookkeeper is in Atlanta and knows all the details.

    Happy to make an intro if you didn't find some one you LOVE...just make sure you love them and know you WILL get what you pay for.

  • Toronto · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Hi Jonathan, 

    Does your CPA work with Canadian investors? We are looking to connect with cross-border accountants and lawyers to structure our entities. We are also contractors! (in Toronto)

  • Sean O'KeefePro Member
    CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    2y

    Canada ...? hmm no

  • Nate MeekerBusiness Member
    Real Estate CPA | California · Member since 2020 · 543 posts · 251 votes
    2y

    The location of your CPA isn't as crucial as their experience with real estate. Many CPAs on this forum have clients and properties across the U.S. Do you have properties in any other states?

    The CPA Realtor 569 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.