Pick my Brain ( biggest request i get on BP)

48 Replies

Originally posted by @Christopher Starr :

@Jay Hinrichs ,

I've been a member of BP for a while now but only now just using it.  I'm looking around at all the forums and marketplace wondering where to start digging in.  I'm happy that I started with this post.  Being a Navy Veteran, it's awesome to see those helping the veteran community.  Well done!

Chris

On top of that my wife and I are one of the few new home builders that encourage veteran home loans on our product many builders don't want to go through the longer loan process.. we feel its our obligation and duty to provide them housing if they want to buy our product.

We have  a great team assembled to move this charity forward and are really humbled by how well the BP members have been supporting us..  

@Jay Hinrichs

This is fantastic and I am excited to donate. One idea to manage this is to use 

https://10to8.com/

if you don't already have a plan. I had a call with someone who uses it and it worked great, sent me reminder emails and texts, zero coordination on his part. Since you'll be getting a lot of folks this might be a great way to block out an hour a day for these calls. Just a thought and maybe you already have a plan! 

I agree! I do the same thing, I will help a newbie for free, unfortunatly I am only 21 years of experience instead of 40 LOL. 

I do not currently do a donation progam, but that is a GREAT idea! 

I think the big 20k coaching prgrams are terrible! 

Real Estate investing is simple, but not easy. 

Folks just need a little direction. 

Great idea Jay!

@Jay Hinrichs this is BRILLIANT!! I love your heart for making a difference AND spreading your vast knowledge!! :)

Originally posted by @Shelly F. :

@Jay Hinrichs this is BRILLIANT!! I love your heart for making a difference AND spreading your vast knowledge!! :)

thank you  its worked well we can help a hero and I can give personal consultations to those who would think my council of value.  ( not all do of course  :)   ) 

Jay,

Great idea!  Happy to support your vision!

Jay, 

Awesome way to give back. Thank you! I'm new to real estate, but I am blessed in many ways in my life.  Just donated. Looking forward to your project updates on the website. 

As a service member myself, I thank you greatly for having a heart for this kind of project.  May God bless you, your team, and all of your efforts!

Originally posted by @Wenecio Godfrey :

As a service member myself, I thank you greatly for having a heart for this kind of project.  May God bless you, your team, and all of your efforts!

thank you all some days it quite or like today we received almost 3k in donations !!!!  keep spreading the word.. 

@Jay Hinrichs - thank you so much for what you and the HHI team are doing for our vets!  You so graciously exchanged a few emails with me in April/May of 2017 to share some advice and contacts.  I so appreciated the conversation and that you took the time - even when you were "dog tired" from a recent trip!  I responded with "I owe you" so I hope my donation will cover the advice you gave and our conversation!  It was priceless for me!  Could we just have a beer or wine sometime in Charleston?? :)

Originally posted by @Carolyn Lorence :

@Jay Hinrichs - thank you so much for what you and the HHI team are doing for our vets!  You so graciously exchanged a few emails with me in April/May of 2017 to share some advice and contacts.  I so appreciated the conversation and that you took the time - even when you were "dog tired" from a recent trip!  I responded with "I owe you" so I hope my donation will cover the advice you gave and our conversation!  It was priceless for me!  Could we just have a beer or wine sometime in Charleston?? :)

We will be in Charleston mid Oct happy to sinc up if your in town.. our big spec south of Broad at 7 New st will be just wrapping up and I want to see it before the new owners move in..  

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Carolyn Lorence:

We will be in Charleston mid Oct happy to sinc up if your in town.. our big spec south of Broad at 7 New st will be just wrapping up and I want to see it before the new owners move in..  

Oh fun!  I'll have to check it out!  Not sure if we'll be there, but will let you know if we are so lucky!

Outstanding! I will definitely donate. You've always been so generous with your sage advice and I appreciate it greatly!

Originally posted by @Ann Watkins :

Outstanding! I will definitely donate. You've always been so generous with your sage advice and I appreciate it greatly!

Thank you for the kind words Ann and appreciate you supporting our cause we are going to show our hero's that us real estate folks can give back in a meaningful way.. !!! 

@Jay Hinrichs - will you be creating a social media presence with an official A Hero's Home FaceBook page, LinkedIn, etc. with donation platform?  Would be so much easier to share this with our friends and colleagues outside of BiggerPockets.

I'm   a US Army Veteran with a non profit 501 ( 3 ) program with a donation platform.  However,  love your idea of giving back in the way you are, and as a peer will spread the word and help in any way we can as well as making cash donations

@Jay Hinrichs I just became a BP PRO member last month and wIll keep thIs In mInd as I am continuously getting educated. All the best to you with this worthy cause.
Originally posted by @Andrew Lawhorn :
@Jay Hinrichs I just became a BP PRO member last month and wIll keep thIs In mInd as I am continuously getting educated. All the best to you with this worthy cause.

thank you spread the word deeply appreciated

Hello BP Members, 

@Jay Hinrichs

I just wanted to give this thread a bump. I believe I heard at one point that BP had over a million members and this topic has only 45 replies since it was posted three months ago.

Jay and a few other BP Members have taken on a worthy cause to help our veterans. They are raising donations and will be giving away a fully rehabbed home to a veteran. He has offered free advice for those who make a modest donation. Where else can you get advice from someone who has a 40 year background in all aspects of the real estate business.

Please show your support to our veterans and consider making a donation to this charitable cause in exchange for his expert advice. He is continually on the forums offering free advice through his replies to the forum topics. Why not make a donation and get an opportunity to speak with him personally and get your questions answered in real time.

I know I have made my donation and have spent time talking with him and feel the advice I got was beneficial to me.

Can we get a decent response to this and support his charitable cause?

Thanks,

Ted Klein

@Jay Hinrichs This is awesome! Coming from a household who has been awarded a home because of my husband being a wounded veteran, this really hits home. We are looking forward to connecting and helping any way we can and add value to the program. With the organization that gave us our home, we had to be in a 3 year program with a financial advisor to teach us and help us make better decisions. Because of that, we were able to get ourselves in a good financial position to invest in real estate.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here