Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
I dont do the can I pick your brain or have coffee.. if I did I would not have time in the day to do my things.
However I have now a new passion and that is aheroshome.org this is a charity that i started with a few other BP members.. we will be giving away a fully rehabbed home to a Veteran.. we are raising donations through our independent mailing lists and such.
However I am now willing to take phone calls from those that would like a 40 year veterans advice.. without having to spend 10k or 40k on a mentor program.
YOu will though have to donate to my Charity a modest donation..
And that can be done right on our website.. I get a E mail notification when that happens.. So simply make your donation .. then e mail me for a time to talk we will do this in 15 minute increments..
As stated all monies go to our charity which is donating a house to a deserving Service veteran or first responder.. lets give back BP ... I have been Blessed in this business 100X our service men and women put their lives on the line.. lets acknowledge them .
if you don't already have a plan. I had a call with someone who uses it and it worked great, sent me reminder emails and texts, zero coordination on his part. Since you'll be getting a lot of folks this might be a great way to block out an hour a day for these calls. Just a thought and maybe you already have a plan!
@Jay Hinrichs this is BRILLIANT!! I love your heart for making a difference AND spreading your vast knowledge!! :)
thank you its worked well we can help a hero and I can give personal consultations to those who would think my council of value. ( not all do of course :) )
Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 13 votes
8y
Jay,
Awesome way to give back. Thank you! I'm new to real estate, but I am blessed in many ways in my life. Just donated. Looking forward to your project updates on the website.
Home Stager · Sussex, WI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 64 votes
8y
@Jay Hinrichs - thank you so much for what you and the HHI team are doing for our vets! You so graciously exchanged a few emails with me in April/May of 2017 to share some advice and contacts. I so appreciated the conversation and that you took the time - even when you were "dog tired" from a recent trip! I responded with "I owe you" so I hope my donation will cover the advice you gave and our conversation! It was priceless for me! Could we just have a beer or wine sometime in Charleston?? :)
@Jay Hinrichs - thank you so much for what you and the HHI team are doing for our vets! You so graciously exchanged a few emails with me in April/May of 2017 to share some advice and contacts. I so appreciated the conversation and that you took the time - even when you were "dog tired" from a recent trip! I responded with "I owe you" so I hope my donation will cover the advice you gave and our conversation! It was priceless for me! Could we just have a beer or wine sometime in Charleston?? :)
We will be in Charleston mid Oct happy to sinc up if your in town.. our big spec south of Broad at 7 New st will be just wrapping up and I want to see it before the new owners move in..
@Jay Hinrichs - thank you so much for what you and the HHI team are doing for our vets! You so graciously exchanged a few emails with me in April/May of 2017 to share some advice and contacts. I so appreciated the conversation and that you took the time - even when you were "dog tired" from a recent trip! I responded with "I owe you" so I hope my donation will cover the advice you gave and our conversation! It was priceless for me! Could we just have a beer or wine sometime in Charleston?? :)
We will be in Charleston mid Oct happy to sinc up if your in town.. our big spec south of Broad at 7 New st will be just wrapping up and I want to see it before the new owners move in..
Oh fun! I'll have to check it out! Not sure if we'll be there, but will let you know if we are so lucky!
Outstanding! I will definitely donate. You've always been so generous with your sage advice and I appreciate it greatly!
Thank you for the kind words Ann and appreciate you supporting our cause we are going to show our hero's that us real estate folks can give back in a meaningful way.. !!!
Home Stager · Sussex, WI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 64 votes
8y
@Jay Hinrichs - will you be creating a social media presence with an official A Hero's Home FaceBook page, LinkedIn, etc. with donation platform? Would be so much easier to share this with our friends and colleagues outside of BiggerPockets.
Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes
8y
I'm a US Army Veteran with a non profit 501 ( 3 ) program with a donation platform. However, love your idea of giving back in the way you are, and as a peer will spread the word and help in any way we can as well as making cash donations
Rental Property Investor · Sonora, CA · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 25 votes
8y
@Jay Hinrichs I just became a BP PRO member last month and wIll keep thIs In mInd as I am continuously getting educated. All the best to you with this worthy cause.
@Jay Hinrichs I just became a BP PRO member last month and wIll keep thIs In mInd as I am continuously getting educated. All the best to you with this worthy cause.
I just wanted to give this thread a bump. I believe I heard at one point that BP had over a million members and this topic has only 45 replies since it was posted three months ago.
Jay and a few other BP Members have taken on a worthy cause to help our veterans. They are raising donations and will be giving away a fully rehabbed home to a veteran. He has offered free advice for those who make a modest donation. Where else can you get advice from someone who has a 40 year background in all aspects of the real estate business.
Please show your support to our veterans and consider making a donation to this charitable cause in exchange for his expert advice. He is continually on the forums offering free advice through his replies to the forum topics. Why not make a donation and get an opportunity to speak with him personally and get your questions answered in real time.
I know I have made my donation and have spent time talking with him and feel the advice I got was beneficial to me.
Can we get a decent response to this and support his charitable cause?
@Jay Hinrichs This is awesome! Coming from a household who has been awarded a home because of my husband being a wounded veteran, this really hits home. We are looking forward to connecting and helping any way we can and add value to the program. With the organization that gave us our home, we had to be in a 3 year program with a financial advisor to teach us and help us make better decisions. Because of that, we were able to get ourselves in a good financial position to invest in real estate.
Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 98 posts · 27 votes
7y
Absolutely awesome! I am making it a goal to be a part of your investor group this next year! Kudos to you Jay! A very Happy New Year to you and yours!
Absolutely awesome! I am making it a goal to be a part of your investor group this next year! Kudos to you Jay! A very Happy New Year to you and yours!