Newbie Long Distance Investor

11 Replies

Newbie long distance investor- going to invest in single and multifamily properties in and around Cleveland, Ohio in 2021. Buy, hold, rental and  cashflow.  Need help building a team. Seeking advice and referral to  investor friendly real estate agents and property managers. 

@Marie St Fleur  Search the BiggerPockets agent database for realtor recommendations for Cleveland. Make sure to really identify what your criteria is and then an agent will be able to help you out. Cleveland is great for cash flow but lacks a lot of the appreciation we're seeing in Columbus. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help!

I know a Investor friendly Realtor in Cleveland I can recommend. She is also an investor and does Property Management and rehabs. PM me.

Originally posted by @Marie St Fleur :

Newbie long distance investor- going to invest in single and multifamily properties in and around Cleveland, Ohio in 2021. Buy, hold, rental and  cashflow.  Need help building a team. Seeking advice and referral to  investor friendly real estate agents and property managers. 

That's great Marie, I've heard some good things about Cleveland. Have you checked out Columbus as well?

@Marie St Fleur I hear you...I'm still pulling for Dayton...and Cleveland secretly ;) It's horrible in the winter, but it has some really great architecture...and bridges...and a sweet market.

I'm the 1% that thinks investing for cash flow is a really bad idea. Prices in Columbus have seen 100-200% appreciation in the last 3-5 years and there is still a lot of room for growth...anyone that invested in Cleveland during the same timeframe made a few grand...and still has a $40k property.

Hey Marie, 

SOOOO much to go over if you are new in real estate and new to Cleveland. 

I am the President of the Real Estate Investors Association in Cleveland. We always begin by making sure new folks know all about the local laws and regulations and which cities are a pain in the butt! LOL

Cleveland has tons of areas that have GREAT numbers, but things are not always what the seem. 

Cleveland is defiantly a place that you can get undervalued assets with great ROI, IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TEAM!

Welcome to BP, the world of real estate and Cleveland! :-)  

Originally posted by @Marie St Fleur :

I have been investing in Columbus, Ohio for the past 3 years. The cashflow has been great!