Newbie Long Distance Investor

Newbie Long Distance Investor

New to Real Estate · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 4 votes

Newbie long distance investor- going to invest in single and multifamily properties in and around Cleveland, Ohio in 2021. Buy, hold, rental and  cashflow.  Need help building a team. Seeking advice and referral to  investor friendly real estate agents and property managers. 

3Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Marc RiceBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

@Marie St Fleur Search the BiggerPockets agent database for realtor recommendations for Cleveland. Make sure to really identify what your criteria is and then an agent will be able to help you out. Cleveland is great for cash flow but lacks a lot of the appreciation we're seeing in Columbus. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help!

Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Marie St Fleur Search the BiggerPockets agent database for realtor recommendations for Cleveland. Make sure to really identify what your criteria is and then an agent will be able to help you out. Cleveland is great for cash flow but lacks a lot of the appreciation we're seeing in Columbus. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help!

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Marie St Fleur Welcome...and why Cleveland?...just curious what out-of-state folks find attractive about a market that has a net population loss over the last 40-years.

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Marc Rice Thank you for your quick response. I have criteria. Your post is prompting me to review. I  will reach out to you this week.

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Brandon Sturgill thank you for your response. My immediate interest is cashflow not appreciation.  I grew up in a city that experienced  a 30% population decline between the late 50's and 1980"s. I love and believe in old Cities.

  • Rental Property Investor · Denville, NJ · Member since 2017 · 107 posts · 54 votes
    5y

    I know a Investor friendly Realtor in Cleveland I can recommend. She is also an investor and does Property Management and rehabs. PM me.

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Marie St Fleur:

    Newbie long distance investor- going to invest in single and multifamily properties in and around Cleveland, Ohio in 2021. Buy, hold, rental and  cashflow.  Need help building a team. Seeking advice and referral to  investor friendly real estate agents and property managers. 

     That's great Marie, I've heard some good things about Cleveland. Have you checked out Columbus as well?

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    5y

    Let us know if you have any interest in Detroit:)

  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    You should be able to find a lot of good connections on here. Cleveland is a good market for cash flow. If you are looking in the midwest I would check out Columbus as well. Best of luck! @Marie St Fleur

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Marie St Fleur I hear you...I'm still pulling for Dayton...and Cleveland secretly ;) It's horrible in the winter, but it has some really great architecture...and bridges...and a sweet market.

    I'm the 1% that thinks investing for cash flow is a really bad idea. Prices in Columbus have seen 100-200% appreciation in the last 3-5 years and there is still a lot of room for growth...anyone that invested in Cleveland during the same timeframe made a few grand...and still has a $40k property.

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 852 votes
    5y

    Hey Marie, 

    SOOOO much to go over if you are new in real estate and new to Cleveland. 

    I am the President of the Real Estate Investors Association in Cleveland. We always begin by making sure new folks know all about the local laws and regulations and which cities are a pain in the butt! LOL

    Cleveland has tons of areas that have GREAT numbers, but things are not always what the seem. 

    Cleveland is defiantly a place that you can get undervalued assets with great ROI, IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TEAM!

    Welcome to BP, the world of real estate and Cleveland! :-)  

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Marie St Fleur:

    Newbie long distance investor- going to invest in single and multifamily properties in and around Cleveland, Ohio in 2021. Buy, hold, rental and  cashflow.  Need help building a team. Seeking advice and referral to  investor friendly real estate agents and property managers. 

     I have been investing in Columbus, Ohio for the past 3 years. The cashflow has been great!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.